HD Receivers For Cable Subscribers?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John Doh, Aug 10, 2003.

1. John Doh

John Doh Stunt Coordinator

Does the SAT-HD200 allow HD reception without satelitte (DirectTV)? I use CableOne cable company and need a HD receiver that will accept this as the source. Thanks!

2. John Doh

John Doh Stunt Coordinator

Bump, anyone?

3. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

The sony sat200 hd reciever would not do you any good. It will only work with satellite and antenna signals. But even so, since it is a direcTV reciever you have to activate it with directv service, and if you don't they charge your credit card $150. so instead of paying that steep $800 price tag, add $150 to that, it wouldn't be worth it anyways($950!!!). If you are really looking to do HD right now buy an antenna tuner to work with an indoor/outdoor antenna and you can probably recieve your local channels in HD. Those boxes cost around $399, but Right now there is a good deal on a Samsung HD box at Circuit City(at least it was last week) that runs $299 after rebate. The only cable company I know that carries HD right now is Comcast. Cable has been holding up the whole industry, which is a shame. Basically you will just have to wait until your cable company picks up HD, but it could be a while. Have you checked into Satellite at all? Much better quality/service and best way to get HD(they are the first to get any new HD channels). it even costs less than digital cable(unless you have like 5 tv's you wanna hook up). Hope this helps you out

4. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

I have Comcast HD Digital cable. They gave me an HD cable box and now I get some HD channels for $2.50 a month. CableOne doesnt have HD yet so call up and ask when they plan on getting it. I can tell you it is great on Comcast, but if CableOne isnt planning on offering it you should get DirectTV.