What's new

HD cable Box, buy or rent (1 Viewer)

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my Infocus 4805 up and running, watched movies all weekend... very nice. My plan is to pipe some TV into it too. I have comcast digital cable right now, and the cable box only has a composit output, not components... so I was thinking about getting an HD box for the projector. My question is... can you buy these boxes, or it is better to rent them from the cable company? I rented my cable modem for $5 a month for 2 years before I got my own for $80, would have been worth it to just buy one right out of the gate. Anyones thoughts?

Thanks

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know of anywhere you can legally buy a digital cable box. The manufacturers don't sell retail. Right now only cable comapnies can buy them
Anything available on E-bay proabably belongs to a cable comapany and has been stolen or never returned. Anything available form gray market distibutors may not work.
Right now renting is the only option.

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
Well i didn't know that... I have seen a few for sale on eBay... guess that answers my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks