What's new

Hawaii Five: O: The Sixth Season and beyond (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The genius of the show was creating the concept of a fictional state police agency, because that basically gave the writers the flexibility to go in different directions. They could do Bond style intrigue (the best example in the series is the S9 two parter "Nine Dragons" which shows Wo Fat at his greatest level of megalomania, or traditional cop show fare and it would all *work* in the context of the series.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I re-watched S4E4 tonight on Netflix, 3000 Crooked Miles. Whereas before it was a mono mix it's now mixed in some sort of weird 5.1 mix. The voices were all coming out of the right speaker with music coming from a variety of speakers. I also noticed when a gunshot occurred that the "sound" of the gun never came out. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The Hawaii Five-O complete series set is currently on amazon for $99.96! This is the lowest I've seen it!

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
jdee28 said:
The Hawaii Five-O complete series set is currently on amazon for $99.96! This is the lowest I've seen it!
Wow, what does translate to per season? Something like $8 per, right...amazing! And let's not forget, the complete set is the only way you get to see the remastered transfers of season 10.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Did they remaster Season 10?

I always thought that Season 10 was the only Season who was not remastered and therefore has a miserable picture quality.

I don´t buy a complete series only to have Season 10 remastered....

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
bronson said:
Did they remaster Season 10?I always thought that Season 10 was the only Season who was not remastered and therefore has a miserable picture quality.I don´t buy a complete series only to have Season 10 remastered....
Yup, when they released the complete series, they included the remastered version of season 10. The individual season 10 is not remastered

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is too bad the studio did not pay respect to all those people that bought the individual sets by allowing them purchased a re-master season 10 and/or the extra disk. I bought all the indivudal sets as such I have zero interest to double dip for the extras and/or the remaster 10 season.

It is too bad the studio can not find away to released the bored I hung herself episode as it is over 40 years since it aired. I realize there are issues with this episode, but the reality this is a different time as such we are already seeing people try to duplicate jackass stunts. The bored she hung herself stunt is not likely to be duplicated in this era!!

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
As someone who has got the first 9 series of Hawaii 50, I am not keen to buy the boxset just to get season 10 remastered.However, I was looking at one of my suppliers for DVDs and BDs and I noticed they had 2 different copies of season 10 available.There is one with a UPC code of 097368121348 released on 14 December 2010 and another032429117410 released on 17 August 2012.If this info is right, is it at possible that a remastered set had been quietly released?

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
If I could get a remastered Season 10 as a stand alone, I might be interested - unless I hear that a Blu-ray set is up and coming right around the corner.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Nick Eden said:
As someone who has got the first 9 series of Hawaii 50, I am not keen to buy the boxset just to get season 10 remastered.However, I was looking at one of my suppliers for DVDs and BDs and I noticed they had 2 different copies of season 10 available.There is one with a UPC code of 097368121348 released on 14 December 2010 and another032429117410 released on 17 August 2012.If this info is right, is it at possible that a remastered set had been quietly released?
I'm in the same boat. I'm at Season 9 as well, and will probably purchase an unremastered Season 10 rather than spring for the complete series.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
WaveCrest said:
Regarding the eighth season boxset, are there any episodes which would create music clearance problems? Also, does anyone have any theories on what the front cover artwork will be? Obviously it will have Danno, Duke and Chin Ho along with McGarrett, but being as the last two front covers (for the sixth and seventh season sets) had nighttime scenes I've been wondering waht CBS DVD will do for the eighth season set. Bearing in mind some or all of the first five sets had daytime scenes in the background. I assume there will be six discs again for the 23 episodes in the eighth season set (this is if you count the season premiere "Murder - Eyes Only" as one feature-length episode), and that the episodes will be on the discs like this... Disc 1: 1. Murder - Eyes Only (fingers crossed there is a Jack Lord episodic promo included in the set) 2. McGarrett is Missing 3. Termination with Extreme Prejudice Disc 2: 4. Target? The Lady 5. Death's Name is Sam 6. The Case Against McGarrett 7. The Defector Disc 3: 8. Sing a Song of Suspense 9. Retire in Sunny Hawaii -- Forever 10. How to Steal a Submarine 11. The Waterfront Steal Disc 4: 12. Honor is an Unmarked Grave 13. A Touch of Guilt 14. Wooden Model of a Rat 15. Deadly Persuasion Disc 5: 16. Legacy of Terror 17. Loose Ends Get Hit 18. Anatomy of a Bribe 19. Turkey Shoot at Makapu Disc 6: 20. A Killer Grows Wings 21. The Capsule Kidnapping 22. Love Thy Neighbour -- Take His Wife 23. A Sentence to Steal.

I´m watching Season 8 right now and I notice that the episode "Wooden Model of a rat" with guest star ...... Asner had a worse picture quality than the other episodes of Season 8 that I´ve seen so far.

Did anybody notice that, too?

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
jdee28 said:
Sadly it seems as if the remastered season 10 will only be available as part of this set and not individually.

Is it still the case or is Season 10 available individually now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks