What's new

Having a brain fart, please answer my simple question? (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
My question concerns the A/B speakers on your receiver. When you are on A, you are using all 5 surround speakers and the sub. My question is on B, does it just use the other two stereo mains and no sub, or does the sub work with the B speakers as well? Thanks

PaulKH

Second Unit
On mine only the front left/right switch out with the A/B mode. The same sub, center, rears stay engaged.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Same here. There is an A main channel and a B main channel. It only affects those main speakers.

Bruce

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Yes I think Paul is correct the A/B switch will change between two pairs of front L&R it should not affect the rears sub or center.

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
So from what I am reading, that means the sub works, (as well as center/surrounds), with either A or B? Yes/No

Sorry, it's past my bed time, hard to think.

Thanks

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Most likely A and B connect to the same amplifiers. Check your manual and/or the back panel. If it makes note of taking care about impedance when using A and B together, then you know its just two connections to the same place. Therefor processing will not be different in any way regardless of whether you use A, B or both together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks