What's new

Have "Octopussy," "The Living Daylights" and "OHMSS" been fixed in the (1 Viewer)

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
There were problems with those titles when the DVDs originally came out. "Octopussy" and "The Living Daylights" were missing informational subtitles, and "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" had missing footage.

Does anyone know if these issues have been dealt with in the new releases?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Were these 3 discs the only Bond releases that had glitches? I remember there being a few, but I was always too lazy to contact MGM for an exhchange. I should probably do it now before the disc go OOP again...

DJ

Britton

Screenwriter
The Man with the Golden Gun had playback problems with the second layer. MGM had an exchange program with that one as well.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
MGM had an exchange program with that one [The Man With The Golden Gun] as well.
As they did for Octopussy and The Living Daylights informational subtitles issue as well. So, one would expect new box sets with these films would be corrected.

License to Kill had an audio sync problem which appears to have been corrected, but I never recall MGM having an exchange program for that.

The only issue that I am unsure of whether it was corrected or not is OHMSS. I would be very interested to find out as well, as that is my favorite Bond movie.

Wow, MGM sure screwed the pooch on these releases. It's been along time since I thought about how many Bond discs I had to mail them. :frowning:

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
If I remember right; I sent Octopussy, Daylights and Golden Gun. I heard about but couldnt send Majesty or License to Kill.

And I wont touch Never Say Never Again to save my life.

I just cant believe they might be doing new issues of these in a year or two. They better be worth it or Im not double-dipping.

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
Curiously, a line of dialogue has been removed from the still slightly jumbled sequence, right before Bond throws a film canister into the water and kisses the heroine. It was restored on the sixth try, MGM/UA's individual letterboxed release, which came out after the Collection

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Where and what were the missing subtitles on Octopussy? I knew they were there, but I never found out for sure which scene(s) they were in.

Britton

Screenwriter
Just check the part where Bond throws that guy onto the bed of nails. The Indian guy says, "Hey, my bed!" or something along those lines. That part is subtitled and they are player generated subs if you have the corrected version.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Where and what were the missing subtitles on Octopussy? I knew they were there, but I never found out for sure which scene(s) they were in.
If I remember correctly, it is when the old man lying on the bed of nails stands up & shouts at Bond "Get off my bed" or something to that effect. It is a minor laugh lost but not a huge big deal. It didn't keep me from purchasing it a couple of years ago.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
15 replys...no one has answered the question yet.

No wait, make that 16 now.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I would re-purchase OHMSS if it is confirmed to be fixed. I already have the fixed Octopussy and Living Daylights, but it would be nice to know for others that the current versions are fixed.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know for sure if License To Kill was ever offered for exchange?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I bought another copy, and then I sold my old one on eBay. If you want to know for sure, call MGM up and ask them.

As someone else said recently, I would do the same for OHMSS, if I knew for certain it was fixed, but I really doubt that is has been corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks