What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Has the Les Miserables Dream Cast Superbit been delayed? (1 Viewer)

Steve Noll

Auditioning
HDNet has been running a HD version of the Les Miz Dream Cast Concert. It was filmed in HD and presented at 1.78:1. Audio was 2.0 stereo. My understanding was they used a Japanese analog high def system and then mastered to a D2 digital master. Pic was good, certainly true high-def, but nothing spectacular. I'd love to see this master used for a DVD.

I had to Tivo it, since they seem to run it at 4 in the morning.

Steve

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How THIS for a thread resurrection?! Superbit, to boot! :D
Next week (2-19-2008) the following is scheduled for release: Les Miserables - The 10th Anniversary Dream Cast in Concert at London's Royal Albert Hall (1998)
It is a two-disc set (pictured below). Amazon's listing says it is 1.78:1. But does anyone know what the audio specs are? Was the original show only recorded in stereo?
htf_imgcache_25965.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i would love to see an original stage version of this on home video, without a dreamcast and without just all the cast members just standing on the stage and singing their roles.
i guess that means i want the actual stage production on film and not a concert version.

seanbob

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean Perkins
I have a question about the transfer for anyone that has purchased the new 2-disc version of this concert:

I started watching it and at about 2:34 minutes into it, Colm Wilkinson (Valjean) steps forward to the mic for the first time and, of all things, he "fuzzes." What I mean by this is that his entire body turns into a bunch of shifting digital artifacts for a split second. Perhaps I simply received a bad disc, but I am more convinced that it is a problem with the encoding or the original source material.

Does anybody else have this problem on their concert DVD? Is the cause of the problem known? Any responses would be welcome.

Thanks!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll keep resurrecting this thread every four years...

But look what is showing up on Amazon for release next week (unfortunately DVD-only). it looks like they have finally produced a 5.1 version of the 10th anniversary concert:

I'd have been thrilled to see this news in 2004 or 2008. But why not an HD release in 2012? Then you could get a lossless 5.1 track (assuming the remixed audio mix is any good!)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks