What's new

Has anyone mounted F Proj. in between cieling joists? (1 Viewer)

Bill>O

Auditioning
I am preparing to have a screen and Front Projector added to my family room.
Unfortunately, my spouse would prefer that the projector be invisible, including not having a custom ceiling box protruding either.
I searched and found the Premier Gyrolock ceiling / wall mount,
Based upon their specs I figure that I can open the ceiling, mount the mount on the floor boards or a cross brace between the joists, and swivel the projector almost entirely up in between the joists when not in use.
All I need to complete the opening is a suitable flush mounting door.
Has anyone done this?
Any problems foreseen with this approach?
Thanks,
Bill

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
I saw something similar in use in a church gymnasium. The projector was mounted on a remote controlled shelf that dropped down when in use and retracted afterwards. The ceiling material was attached under the shelf to create a flush appearance. Sorry, but I don't have any details on how it was done. (Now that I think of it, they may have had a winch, but for home use I would think you could use something similar to drop down attic steps.)

Ventilation will be important, but should not be a problem as long as you allow for complete cool down before you return the projector to it's home in the ceiling.

Bill>O

Auditioning
Actually, I have seen several of these automated drop down systems, but the prices are higher than the cost of the projector I plan to use. That is why the Gyro-mount idea is so appealing, the cost is similar to other cieling mount systems, under $200.
The one unknown is just how far it will drop in the down position, but it should be enough to allow for adequate ventilation, I will make sure of that before installing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks