What's new

Has anybody seen the new Ministry Live dvd?? (1 Viewer)

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
I just came back from HMV where bought it.

I'll watch a bit of it tonight and let you know!

P.

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to hear more about it too. I have the Ministry: The Tapes of Wrath DVD, which is pretty decent. I also have an old VHS copy of "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up". I'm assuming the new live DVD is fairly recent footage?

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
Alrighty...

This is a collection of their live stuff from various venues. In at least one instance I can think of they cut to a few different performances of the same song, but the soundtrack remains the same so it's only for show.

According to spec's on the website it says the disc is Stereo. It's in fact Dolby Digital and at least 4.1 (my Denon receiver just says Dolby D. can someone with a better display check?)

It's shot on some form of video and looks pretty good as far as video goes. The points of view change all the time so it's not like a collection of fan bootlegs like Metalica's Cliff em all.

I was a little worried at the begining because Al walks out on stage and tells the music to shut up. When he does the sound gives out for a second, thankfully the performances themselves are LOUD LOUD LOUD and the sound hangs together really well.

I haven't had a chance to check out the supplements, but I will and will let you know. The music portion runs about an hour and a half.

If you like Ministry, RUN don't walk to get this disc. It's really great!

Pete

I've just finished watching the dvd myself! The sound on the dvd is really good,it's both stereo and DD 5.1. At the end credits they've written some info regarding the sound, it's taken directly from the house soundboard and NO overdubs has been made afterwards. I really don't like it when they cut to 5-10 performances during one song: venue, clothes and instruments change many times during each song, but still this dvd will get a lot of playtime in my dvd player. If now someone could release In case ..... on dvd.

Kristian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks