What's new

Harsh Realm possible in May?... (1 Viewer)

Joshua_W

Second Unit
"Harsh Realm Complete Series DVD Set" will be listed in the March edition of Diamond Previews (which covers things that will be shipped "around" May). The list price is $59.98.

While the Previews catalog isn't out yet, the order form is up on their site: http://www.diamondcomics.com

("Previews" is the monthly industry catalog from Diamond Distribution -- the company that serves comic book stores, which lists all of the comic books and related items coming out that month.)

$59.98 seems kind of pricey. Didn't "Harsh Realm" only run for seven or eight episodes?

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Just been to their site and I see that TVShowsonDVD is getting the information from Diamond Previews as well. They have spies everywhere.

That said, the information in Previews should be accurate. Since this hasn't been formally announced yet, Fox could still change its mind and reschedule or reprice the set, but Diamond must've gotten their information from somewhere official.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
If anyone's interested (and, judging by this thread, not many people are!), I've posted some menu screens and the cover art for the Region 2 version at my website..

The pack shot is probably the R1 version, since it doesn't have any UK certification logo's.

The content of the R2 set seems to be identical to the spec's announced for the R1 version.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Press release states R1 will be in full screen format while R2 is anamorphic widescreen... here we go again!?

JulianK

Supporting Actor

Perhaps the R1 press release is in error, because the Region 2 discs are definitely 1.78:1.

In fact, they're this wide...

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I think Millennium season One was filmed in 1.33:1

However, Millennium season 2 and 3 may have been filmed in 1.78:1 since every X-Files episode from season 5 on is presented in widescreen on the DVDs.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The R2 Millennium series one discs are apparently going to be in 1.33:1

I've got an episode of the third series that's 1.78:1, so they were definitely at least protecting the show for widescreen by then.

Daniel Bell

Auditioning
I can't imgaine Chris Carter releasing the R1 in the wrong aspect ratio. And then releasing Harsh Realm in widesreen in R2 but not in R1. (and I know that it was filmed in widescreen). Please someone tell me this is a misprint.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Dave, your item says the SRP on this will be $49.98. The Digital Bits says $39.98. Can you reconcile this? Frankly, the Bits' price sounds more in line with Fox's recent pricing for a 3-disc set of what has to be admitted is a limited-interest set.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Craig, good catch. Certainly a typo on my part. I'll correct this immediately. We have the amount correct in our release listing, though. I musta just been groggy at the time.

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks, Dave. I'm glad the lower price is correct. That should translate into a sub-$30 street price, which makes my buy decision on this one MUCH easier. :D

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The series was shot in 1.78:1, but it aired in 1.33:1. I do hope the episodes are in 1.78:1 because everything from X-Files season 5 was filmed in 1.78:1 (and presented in that format on DVD) and so Harsh realm should hopefully be presented in 1.78:1 (since it aired around the time XF was in season 7.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Amazon is now indicating that this will have anamorphic widescreen video. If I can find this for the right price, I'll definitely be picking this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks