What's new

Harry Potter Series in Development for HBO Max according to Hollywood Reporter. (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

"A Harry Potter live-action TV series is in early development at HBO Max. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that executives at the WarnerMedia-backed streamer have engaged in multiple conversations with potential writers exploring various ideas that would bring the beloved property to television. Sources say broad ideas have been discussed as part of the early-stage exploratory meetings.

While it's news that executives at HBO Max and Warners are engaged in meetings to find a writer and pitch for a Harry Potter TV series, no writers or talent are currently attached as the conversations are still in the extremely early stages and no deals have been made. "There are no Harry Potter series in development at the studio or on the streaming platform," HBO Max and Warner Bros. reaffirmed in a statement to THR."

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As my kids are currently about two weeks away from finishing the final book and we are re-watching the movies now, this is big news in my house today. Last night, my wife and I were talking about the second movie, which we watched with the kids yesterday, and I commented that the movies didn't just tell a story, they were more about the life of Harry and others during that year. And my wife said, yes, it might be better as a series. Bingo.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As my kids are currently about two weeks away from finishing the final book and we are re-watching the movies now, this is big news in my house today. Last night, my wife and I were talking about the second movie, which we watched with the kids yesterday, and I commented that the movies didn't just tell a story, they were more about the life of Harry and others during that year. And my wife said, yes, it might be better as a series. Bingo.
When I first saw the original post I thought they would have to write completely new stories. You are saying just use the whole book. I like your idea.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I long thought it would be a better series than movies. If the first few book are made into 5 episode seasons and the later one 15, I am fine with that.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it’s inevitable at some point that the story gets retold as a television series with each book taking up a season. I think the only question is whether that happens before or after the Fantastic Beasts theatrical franchise concludes. I honestly didn’t see this sort of thing coming for at least another decade but money talks, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred1976