What's new

Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection in 4K (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Will those new digital copies of the first movies be from the new 4K scans (an option that we mortals with no 4k set up don't have the chance to see since the regular blurays are the old ones)?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Some interesting developments. I had HD copies of all the Harry Potter films on iTunes. So I used MA to redeem my new codes for Harry Potter 2, 3, 4 and all three upgraded from HD to 4K. That didn't happened with Vudu still HDX. Anyhow, I notified wb.comredeemdigitalmovies to send me new codes for Harry Potter 5,6 & 7 Part I & Part 2.
I think if you have redeemed them thru Vudu they would have upgraded on both. That where I will redeem when I get this set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think if you have redeemed them thru Vudu they would have upgraded on both. That where I will redeem when I get this set.
Well, after several email exchanges with WB Movies All Access, I now have UHD copies of all eight Harry Potter movies on Vudu. I haven't checked iTunes, but I can live with Vudu having my UHD streams.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, after several email exchanges with WB Movies All Access, I now have UHD copies of all eight Harry Potter movies on Vudu. I haven't checked iTunes, but I can live with Vudu having my UHD streams.
I checked iTunes and now I have UHD streams for all eight movies on both, Vudu and iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I didn't buy this eight film collection. I bought the last four films back in March when Target had that buy 2/1 free sale. Those code inserts looked totally different than the code inserts for the first four films that were released in November.

turns2stone

Agent
Real Name
Sam

I had issues as well, with the single code from the US 4K release. Emailing Warner and WBshop.com got me nowhere!

Best resolution was for me to online chat with Flixster video support. They "reset" my code, and I re-redeemed via myuv.com/redeem and everything worked as expected. Took < 5min :) My VUDU account shows each movie with a check by both HDX and UHD, as I had previously redeemed them in HD earlier this year. iTunes also shows them in 4K, with the first movie having the Extended version available as an iTunes extra. Although I didn't get around to checking if that version was in 4K as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way, I didn't buy this eight film collection. I bought the last four films back in March when Target had that buy 2/1 free sale. Those code inserts looked totally different than the code inserts for the first four films that were released in November.
Bought the 8 disc 4K collection.

Redeemed the Uhd code on vudu.

No issues

Now own 4K on ITunes and UHD in vudu. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bought the 8 disc 4K collection.

Redeemed the Uhd code on vudu.

No issues

Now own 4K on ITunes and UHD in vudu. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's what I should have done so I've learned my lesson for those Christopher Nolan films and other collection of films that come out in the future.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yup

All Warner codes I redeem thru vudu with no issues porting over to iTunes.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
That's what I should have done so I've learned my lesson for those Christopher Nolan films and other collection of films that come out in the future.

Beware if you'r considering the Nolan Collection. Apparently Warner has told people there aren't any Digital Codes with the 4K Collection.
I'm not sold that the Warner folks are correct yet, but it has been a consistent answer

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Beware if you'r considering the Nolan Collection. Apparently Warner has told people there aren't any Digital Codes with the 4K Collection.
I'm not sold that the Warner folks are correct yet, but it has been a consistent answer
Well, I'm not going to buy that collection for a good while as I'm about to place a hold on my new disc buying starting on January 1st until mid-November with better sale prices. That being said, the individual releases do show digital codes on the cases.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771HW47...0671&sr=1-318&refinements=p_n_date:2693529011

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774D6HB...30134&sr=1-72&refinements=p_n_date:2693529011

https://www.amazon.com/Inception-4K...8&qid=1511282731&sr=1-1&keywords=inception+4k

https://www.amazon.com/Interstellar...ca664534fe6156ec5cec5&creativeASIN=B0767FCYDW

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tino is this true, there are no bonus discs in the 8 film collection?
Not sure what you mean by “bonus discs”

The 4K potter collection comes with 16 discs.

8 4K in their own case

8 Blu-ray in their own case.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’m sure there are digital codes included.

Even Rons press release here on the HTF shows it on the artwork for the box set.

Whether all will be available in 4K/UHD on Vudu and iTunes is another matter.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not sure what you mean by “bonus discs”

The 4K potter collection comes with 16 discs.

8 4K in their own case

8 Blu-ray in their own case.
The individual releases come with a 4K disc, a Blu-Ray, and a bonus features blu-ray with an hour of an 8 part documentary about the making of the Potter series.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The individual releases come with a 4K disc, a Blu-Ray, and a bonus features blu-ray with an hour of an 8 part documentary about the making of the Potter series.
Ah. No bonus discs. No issue for me as they are included with the digital copies and I already own them on disc previously.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

The original Mockup did and the individual releases will, but the current Amazon pic, Amazon listing (or BBY or BN), individual cases, and the back of the box are missing any information. Warner and WbShop have emailed several people who contacted them and each of them were told no Digital. I have little confidence that most of those front line contacts do anything other than look at their current lists (like calling Amazon/Zavvi and asking about Region Codes), but if it's a big deal then I wouldn't bet on it as a given until someone confirms one way or the other by opening the set.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Did anyone else encounter any white crush with HDR on 'Goblet of Fire'? I watched it last night and on the UHD there are a few scenes were all detail is lost. Specifically at the Quiddich world cup, when the minister is announcing the beginning of the match with his wand to his throat, his face is just a pure white blob. Also at the end when Harry is dueling Voldemort, the ghosts that come out of Voldemort's wand are just nearly pure white, and you can't tell who they are even supposed to be.

Afterwards, I put in the blu-ray to check both scenes and all the detail was completely there.

EDIT:
Ok, shortly after posting this I googled some reviews and came across Bill Hunt's which specifically points out the exact two instances I posted. This is a bit of a relief for me, as it lends me to believe there is a problem with the HDR itself and not my display.

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/harry-potter-goblet-fire-uhd-bd

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Did anyone else encounter any white crush with HDR on 'Goblet of Fire'? I watched it last night and on the UHD there are a few scenes were all detail is lost. Specifically at the Quiddich world cup, when the minister is announcing the beginning of the match with his wand to his throat, his face is just a pure white blob. Also at the end when Harry is dueling Voldemort, the ghosts that come out of Voldemort's wand are just nearly pure white, and you can't tell who they are even supposed to be.

Afterwards, I put in the blu-ray to check both scenes and all the detail was completely there.

EDIT:
Ok, shortly after posting this I googled some reviews and came across Bill Hunt's which specifically points out the exact two instances I posted. This is a bit of a relief for me, as it lends me to believe there is a problem with the HDR itself and not my display.

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/harry-potter-goblet-fire-uhd-bd
Yep. I had the same issue: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4689689/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks