What's new

Harry Potter BD Atmos Upmix? (1 Viewer)

Wes K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wesley
Has anyone watched the Harry Potter movies with their regular 5.1 mixes on a Dolby Atmos system?

How much more immersive is it with the upmix?

TBx

Auditioning
Real Name
Dj
Has anyone watched the Harry Potter movies with their regular 5.1 mixes on a Dolby Atmos system?

How much more immersive is it with the upmix?

I am currently on Half Blood Prince in 4K UHD on Blu-ray, and just recently added an external amp to complete my 7.1.4 set up. Before I was just using 7.1 and it sounded great.

But now with the 7.1.4, I have my receiver set to Autodetect and it is currently playing at 5.1.4 with the DTS:X track...it sounds absolutely phenomenal! Even though it isn’t true Atmos the difference is definitely noticeable.

As for watching the regular 5.1 mix on my Atmos system I have not tried...but I do have the regular Blu-ray so I will try it out and let you know in the near future.

Wes K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wesley
I am currently on Half Blood Prince in 4K UHD on Blu-ray, and just recently added an external amp to complete my 7.1.4 set up. Before I was just using 7.1 and it sounded great.

But now with the 7.1.4, I have my receiver set to Autodetect and it is currently playing at 5.1.4 with the DTS:X track...it sounds absolutely phenomenal! Even though it isn’t true Atmos the difference is definitely noticeable.

As for watching the regular 5.1 mix on my Atmos system I have not tried...but I do have the regular Blu-ray so I will try it out and let you know in the near future.
Thank you for replying but it's been a while since I posted that. I now have the 4K blurays and a 5.1.4 system and I agree, it sounds amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks