What's new

HARRY IN YOUR POCKET (1973/MGM) by Bruce Geller: a DVD is needed! (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I'd like to start a discussion about the rare pickpocket movie entitled "Harry in your Pocket" (1973) directed by Bruce Geller, the creator of the original "Mission: Impossible". The story makes reference to the theme of pickpocket (see Robert Bresson's philosophical "Pickpocket") but treated with a Basil Dearden's "League of Gentlemen" approach combined with a study on con men through an initiatory quest of a rookie. It stars James Coburn, Walter Pidgeon, Trish Van Devere and Michael Sarrazin.

The music is by Lalo Schifrin who used to be in charge of "Mission: Impossible" too.

The movie was on TCM and is available at Amazon but only on VOD and it deserves a DVD edition with subtitles and a trailer.

If you're interested in movies like "The Sting" (1973), it's for you.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It will eventually show up in the Warner Archives. I seriously doubt such an obscure film will get a pressed release with subtitles and a trailer.

Charles H

Screenwriter
HARRY IN YOUR POCKET (Great location and a wonderful performance by Walter Pidgeon) is a UA release so I assume that it would becoming out on MGM MOD.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
In addition to TCM, MGM HD has shown it in a very nice print. That's where I got my anamorphic copy from, but it would be nice if it had a proper release and probably will in the MGM MOD program. It is an excellent film, one that I liked far better as I got older than seeing it upon first release when I was 14.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The more Bruce Geller titles on DVD the better! Interested in seeing Harry in Your Pocket.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Read the MGM file of HARRY IN YOUR POCKET:

http://www.mgm.com/view/movie/825/Harry-in-Your-Pocket/

Read the TCM file of HARRY IN YOUR POCKET and the users ratings and reviews:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/17578/Harry-in-Your-Pocket/

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Thomas T

It will eventually show up in the Warner Archives. I seriously doubt such an obscure film will get a pressed release with subtitles and a trailer.

It is a United Artists release so it would need to show up in the MGM/Fox mod program. Warner's does not have any rights to the film.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Harry in Your Pocket is being released as an MGM MOD title (release date of Tuesday 3rd May).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Originally Posted by Charles H

Terrific film, great performances and locations. Was this Bruce Geller's only feature film?

"Harry in your Pocket" was Bruce Geller's only feature film but he directed a telefilm entitled "The Savage Bees" (1976).

He was mostly a television writer and producer.

Pickpocket1

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Harry in your pocket

[COLOR= black]When I was 14 years old I got to be in this film on the Monorail scene. It was a lot of fun, took all day to film the 60 second scene but was well worth it, I still enjoy seeing the movie and seeing myself in it whenever I can. I hope there is a DVD out soon as I would certainly buy it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]There had only been a couple of films made in Seattle up to that time and they were many years previous so it was kind of a big deal when they were filming it here then [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Very sorry to hear that [/COLOR][COLOR= black]Michael Sarrazin[/COLOR][COLOR= black] has passed away[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Best Regards[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]David[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks