1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Harmony 700, just got my first Harmony

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Kyrsten Brad, Jun 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Cinematographer

Brad
    733F0F48-7ECE-4D71-8FC3-E07E1ED22C58. Harmony Remote Advice welcomed.

Well folks, my lovely wife just informed me that my new Harmony 700 remote has just arrived. Of course I have to wait until I get home to try it out but yes Virginia I can’t wait.
    (Also ordering a glow in the dark protective casing for the 700 after reading reviews of where Harmony users dropped their remotes and partially breaking them).
    I made sure to purchase this brand new. I saw some attractive prices on “renewed” remotes but decided to steer clear.

Yes I know the 700 has been discontinued but an Amazon seller was selling off his inventory of brand new 700s. He had about 20 to sell when I first saw his listing. Those all sold out in 2 days. And yes I got one for a pretty reasonable price which I’m not stating for now lest @Tino starts laughing at me again.

This remote will be for our primary home theater for a few months until Christmas funds roll in. I’ll then be adding the Harmony Elite controller to the primary theater and the 700 will move to our master bedroom setup.

Thoughts & Opinions (preferably those without a laugh track :rolling-smiley:accompanying but I accept all).

2B4F58DA-F72B-44F1-993A-B4D3AB609B27.

Attached Files:

Tino likes this.
  2. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    I have the 650 and the even older "Harmony Touch." The 650 is very similar to the 700, and the one thing I really dislike is the inability to sort the order activities are shown on the LCD screen. The remote lists them in the order they were programmed. The remote also eats through batteries like crazy, and does not like most rechargeable AA batteries.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    The 700 is nice, but the Elite will spoil you. One big difference I notice is the speed it sends out signal sequences. The Elite does it in about 1/4 the time.