What's new

Happy Groundhog Day!!! (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How can he ever NOT see his shadow given all the floodlights trained on him as a media spectacle.

Given natural conditions, I doubt he sees a shadow in the pre-dawn of an overcast day.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
"Winter, slumbering in the open air, wears on his smiling face a dream .. of spring. Ciao!" -Phil Conners

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
But according to recent studies Phil is not looking to forcast weather he is looking for LOVE!!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
After spending most of January around 0F or below (and forecast to drop below zero again later this week), I could do with a little global warming, thank you very much. :wink:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Both Canadian groundhogs have predicted an early spring this year. So I guess Canada will become a spring paradise while most Americans will be busy shovelling the white crap for another six weeks! :D

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Phil Connors: This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off, waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out and they used to *eat* it! You're hypocrites! All a ya!

:D

FYI, in the DVD commentary of Groundhog Day, director Harold Ramis says that what Phil says is true, that Groundhog Day started by people hunting groundhogs and eating them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks