What's new

Happy 80th birthday Sir Paul! (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sir Paul McCartney was born 80 years ago on June 18th.

I am about to celebrate by watching McCartney 3, 2, 1 on HULU and listening to Band On The Run which I think is Paul's best post Beatles album.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Sir Paul McCartney was born 80 years ago on June 18th.

I am about to celebrate by watching McCartney 3, 2, 1 on HULU and listening to Band On The Run which I think is Paul's best post Beatles album.
I really like the closing track to that album- his best solo/Wings song.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Not that anyone seems remotely interested, but for completeness’ sake, the name that‘s an anagram of Genuine Class is Alec Guinness.

That and Musical Carpentry for Sir Paul McCartney are the two most befitting anagrams I’ve come across.

As to Sir Paul’s 80th, it’s wonderful that this thread celebrates a happy occasion, as more often than not tribute threads here are in farewell.

I can’t think of any other stranger who has enriched my life more than James Paul McCartney. Of course, he doesn’t seem a stranger at all - more an integral part of my family.

Long may he continue to create, inspire and entertain!

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
I find it amazing that 2 of the greatest geniuses in the history of popular music- Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson- were born just days apart on opposite ends of the world

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I find it amazing that 2 of the greatest geniuses in the history of popular music- Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson- were born just days apart on opposite ends of the world
Yes, amazingly only a couple of days apart.

And another couple of all-time musical geniuses, grew up just a few streets apart on Merseyside.

And Paul McCartney happens to intersect both those groupings.

Venn diagrams are called for here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks