What's new

Halo? Can the Master Chief move faster? (1 Viewer)

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry if this has been posted about a thousand times, I used the search function but couldn't find what I was looking for. Is there a way to make the main character in Halo move quicker? I'm a newbie to both the X-box and Halo and I keep getting my slow ass kicked all over space. Strafe-ing helps but it too seems slow. Am I missing an easy controller setting or something. Maybe I'm not such a good gamer anymore, I'm still used to Doom/DoomII on the PS1. :)
Thanks for any comments and/or hints.
Steve

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I think the reason the Master Chief seems to move so slowly i that many of the enviornments are enormous. It may seem like you moving slowly simply because the areas are so huge(that when the vehicles come in handy). Second, Halo tries to move at a realistic pace. In reality no one (cyborg or not) could run that fast all the time. Realism is also the reason why you can only carry 1 pistol, 1 rifle, and so many grenades(can't remember off the top of my head). At any rate, there's really no way to speed it up, but in later levels when you're inside alot more, it probably won't seem as slow.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave. I think I'm just getting older and the games are getting so much more involved. I'll keep pluggin' away. Cheers.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Steve, definitely keep going with Halo. It's an amazing game and is well worth the minor annoyances it may pose(steering the warthog isn't pretty but it doesn't really harm the game either).

Trevor_J

Second Unit
You cannot make the Chief move any quicker.

Since your background is Doom I/II I think I know why you're getting killed so much.

If you play Halo with the typical FPS mindset you will definately get your ass kicked. The AI in Halo is very smart and they will waste no time in surrounding you and pumping you full of plasma if you run out into the open with guns blazing. Use the environment to your advantage, alwas try to keep the enemy in front of you and choose your weapons wisely. I found that the assualt rifle was terrible on the Aliens, the plasma weapons work much better. Also, use the grenades as much as you can (within reason), since the Aliens will drop them quite a bit. Also, use the grenades when you're pinned down, they're good for either making the Covenant dispurse out of fear, or die if they're not quick enough.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Master Chief's always been slow, even back in the day when we were debating on if he was the tenth Mjolner Mark IV Cyborg. Big kudos to anyoe who can tell me hwat class ic game that's a reference to (and it's true also, Master Chief IS the same character).

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Marathon, buddy. I LOVED THAT GAME. Still waiting to see exactly how Halo links to the Marathon series. . .

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
what i thought was slow about this game was looking up and down. you can make the look more sensitive in the custom menu - might try doing that

but then again, the whole campaign on easy isn't hard to beat at all... or if you're on normal just get a friend to come over - you shouldn't have any problem beating it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks