What's new

Halloween on DVD (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I know there are several versions of Halloween on DVD. Which one(s) should I get? Same question for Halloween II and H20. I'll skip the rest.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
C'mon, there's 50,000 threads on the different Evil Dead versions and which are better (transfer, etc.) A little more help here!

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Relax Adam. Searches do help. :)
As far as the first Halloween is concerned, pick up the most recent edition by Anchor Bay. There used to be a limited edition which included the theatrical cut and television version (addition scenes added in, nothing cut from theatrical). Right now, both versions (theatrical and television) are on the market.
Here is a link to a previous discussion:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=halloween
Halloween II: There are 2 editions that can be found. The Goodtimes version which still can be found at Best Buy (I saw it personally last night) for $7.99, and the Universal edition which many claim to be no different than the Goodtimes with exception to the price (sells for around $20.00 - give or take).
See this thread for more discussion:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=halloween
Halloween H20: There is currently only 1 edition out there.
Hope this helps

Tony Scello

Second Unit
The Universal version of Halloween II is anamorphic widescreen while the Goodtimes version is non-anamorphic widescreen. If you have a widescreen TV, like myself, your prabably going to want to spent the extra dollars to get the Universal version.

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
Wouldn't it be great if one day Anchor Bay would lisence Halloween to Criterion for a little while? Like they did for Dead Ringers or Mona Lisa.
The laserdisc from CC was excellent! I can only hope...:D

I am an avid Halloween fan so I will go over the whole series :)
Halloween - Unless you are a major fan, just get the current release. It has the same extras, just different packaging and lacks the TV version. If you are a fan, then it is worth your time and money to go ahead and spring for the 2 Disc Limited Edition which keeps going up in value.
Halloween 2 - Get the Universal release if you care about anamorphic. Otherwise, the picture difference is minimal and the Goodtimes version can be had for 5.00 new.
Halloween 3 - Only one release.
Halloween 4 - Two versions out. One is 16x9 and has a documentary. The other is bare bones. Guess which one to get.
Halloween 5 - Only one release.
Halloween 6 - Same
Halloween H20 - Only one release, although some version may say that dts audio and a commentary is included, which is not.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Just FYI, DVDPLanet has a preorder up for a Halloween: H20 & Mother's Boys 2-pack for $20, coming out in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks