What's new

Hades: Polygon’s Game of the Year (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So it hit 50% off on the Switch so I'll probably buy it this week and give it a go. I have to re-read up on it to be acquainted.
Don't read up on it. Just start playing.

You'll want to read up on it as you get into it. But it's a good experience to go in knowing nothing to start. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Don't read up on it. Just start playing.

You'll want to read up on it as you get into it. But it's a good experience to go in knowing nothing to start. :)
My only question is. It describes "runs", is this something you can pick up, play for a bit and put down or does a run kind of lock you into a timed event, Like minimum 30 minutes kind of thing?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My only question is. It describes "runs", is this something you can pick up, play for a bit and put down or does a run kind of lock you into a timed event, Like minimum 30 minutes kind of thing?
Yes.

It's broken up in levels. Each level takes like 15 minutes. A full run was for me about 45 minutes to an hour, maybe. And there's storyline and weapons stuff to do in between runs.

It's not a puzzle game with 60 second bites (though it's a Switch so you can pause and resume as desired), but it doesn't demand you spend hours at a time on it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yes.

It's broken up in levels. Each level takes like 15 minutes. A full run was for me about 45 minutes to an hour, maybe. And there's storyline and weapons stuff to do in between runs.

It's not a puzzle game with 60 second bites (though it's a Switch so you can pause and resume as desired), but it doesn't demand you spend hours at a time on it.
Thank you! that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 as my main game and have been playing Switch retro games in short burst around it. Hades sounds perfect for this. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Over 60 runs in, I'm starting to take it personally that I haven't successfully complete one yet. I suck. :laugh:

That I still want to play it and keep trying? That says a LOT for how good this game is. It never feels like it's cheating you or being cheap. They pulled off a pretty neat trick. Glad I picked it up (but I put on god mode now because my in-ability to manage boons is getting ridiculous.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I finally did it with runs 68 and 70 lol. Still sticking with it. I haven't been able to give anyone ambrosia and I want to fill that display case at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks