What's new

Grand Theft Auto 6 (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
32143358-gta-setting-birgt-riesige-gefahr-schuld-i_1695890871511_1699420479944.jpg

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A friend and I rented GTA1 and 2 on the original PlayStation when I was a teen. My brother played GTA 3 and Vice City to death and I used to watch him a lot. I tried GTA4 but gave up about 2 hours in because it was annoying to control and I had no interest in anything happening. I completely skipped all the other games.

Honestly, I kind of don't get the appeal of the franchise. It's basically the sandbox of Minecraft or Fortnite but with crime and...that's it?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It's basically the sandbox of Minecraft or Fortnite but with crime and...that's it?
What? Lol, no. GTA V has a huge single player campaign that's like 60+ hours if you do it all. It's a fantastic game with so much variety and replayability, after you finish the campaign, you can do the sandbox stuff, and there's the online part which is huge and has great support.

If it's not your style of game that's of course completely fine, but dismissing it as a simple sandbox game couldn't be further off the mark.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
"Sandbox" can apply to single-player modes as well as multi-player. My point is that you can go anywhere and do anything in this huge, detailed city full of vehicles and people and buildings and whatnot, but the actual things you do don't interest me and I don't know if each game really is all that different from the last.

For what it's worth, I was into the Assassin's Creed series but stopped around Black Flag for the same reason. And I also don't play any online/multiplayer games at all.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
GTA V was the only GTA that I finished. The previous GTA s bored me as well. V is on a different level. Look forward to see VI. Should push the tech.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
GTA IV is the only one I finished the main story on. I own GTA III and Vice City, but each of them I hit a wall where I couldn't get past a mission and gave up on it. I never tried San Andreas since it sounds like it has a ball ache mission I just don't have the patience for. I'm tempted to get GTAV but it the changing perspectives of playing as 3 characters sounds complicated and turned me off. Apparently it's not complicated. If it hits a crazy sale I may give it a shot.

It's weird, I really liked both the Red Dead Redemption games, as will as LA Noir. Much more interesting than GTA has been for me.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
GAizVwRWIAAfkMN

“‘Grand Theft Auto VI’ heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.”

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
GTA V was the only GTA that I finished.

GTA IV is the only one I finished the main story on.
[RANT] That's always been my problem with these modern-era games. Movies, TV shows, etc. are to be finished. Games are to be played. But games like this, as cool as they are in many ways, seem more like interactive movies to me. You shouldn't be able to "finish" a game.[/RANT]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Many games now have stories that can be played through, then separate (or sometimes integrated) multiplayer modes that can be replayed as much as you like. GTA V is like that.

I think GTA6 looks like a GTA game, I guess, but it really didn't wow me graphically. I guess I expected better from the current generation of consoles. The animations look stiff and there's no semblance of gameplay in the trailer, probably because it's going to play just like every GTA before it, just in a new sandbox.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Ironically, I still quite like the visual style evident in the original screenshot.

Too bad that the supposed remaster of it didn't turn out better. Instead of the lazy and cheap port that created more issues than it fixed, it should've been the opportunity to program out all the jankiness from it and smooth out all the rough edges (like getting swarmed in close quarters combat where if you get knocked down to the ground, the moment you stand up you're knocked right back down which leaves such situations a guaranteed death sentence).

I wouldn't of wanted a full fledged remake of it to modern standards, but in the perfect world I'd of wanted it to keep everything I enjoyed from the original PS2 game and kill off the bad parts I had forgotten about until revisiting it with the remaster.

Instead even simple things like the low draw distance for traffic remains present and accounted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks