What's new

H/K AVR 525 problem (1 Viewer)

marc paolella

Auditioning
I just got my unit and wired everything up. All is well and everything sounds good. However, I made a disturbing discovery when I tried to hook my Game Cube to the front inputs (Input 4). The sound is fine. But there is no video. So then, I tried my camcorder as a second check. Still get sound, but no video on Input 4. Then I tried the S-Video port on input 4 instead of the composite. Bingo, got a picture.

So then I tried other ports and discovered that none of my composite inputs are functional for video. However all the S-Video inputs work fine.

First of all, has anyone had this problem?

Second, is it worth solving? I use S-Video or Component inputs whenever possible. And S-Video to RCA adapters are a dime a dozen, so I can always workaround this problem if I need to connect an older component with composite only outputs.

I've got the damn thing wired for 7.1 and I bought the AVR at B&H in Manhattan, so it means disconnecting everything and shuffling back into Manhattan (an hour drive). Yuk!

-Marc

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
h/k's will not upconvert composite to s-video. the reason is you're using s-video out to your TV set. Try composite, and you'll find you have a picture when using the composite inputs on the front (or back)

Jack_V

Grip
Found the same thing myself, no composite to Svideo up conversion.

Solved it by running my lone composite source into a S Video VCR that does the upconversion.

For the front connectors make sure you have them set to in or out in the OSD. For some reason you have to set it everytime and for each source, it does not remember the setting.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I have Svideo and composite hooked up to my TV at the same time via the tv set's seperate inputs. If you have multiple inputs on the tube- that's the way to go. Then just switch lines on the tv when using different inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks