What's new

H/K 520 Test tones? (1 Viewer)

Craig Ball

Second Unit
I can't figure out how to get my H/K 520 to emit a test tone from the rear center speaker. Help

Craig

Alvin Lau

Agent
I was under the impression the H/K 520 only had five channels of amplification. If you haven't already, you'll need to add a standalone amp for the rear center channel.

Craig Ball

Second Unit
Alvin thats true, but I'm using 6 seperate channels of amplification now. I can hear the rear center but just. I want to know how to increase it by using the test tone and my SPL meter.

Craig

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I don't have center rears, but if you're using the EZset remote, don't you hit 'SPL' then a number corresponding to the number of speakers in your system (5, 6 or 7)? Even if you don't use the auto-calibration function of the remote, you might get the test signals this way if they don't play otherwise.

I assume you've set the speaker configuration in the on-screen menus to either 6.1 or 7.1.

Craig Ball

Second Unit
JohnnyG, yes I hit the 6.7/7.1 option, they are one in the same. There's 5.1 0r 6.1 7.1, they are your options, I'm running 6.1 with no rear test tone. Please help me.

Craig

Dan_C

Agent
Craig,

Solve the problem yet?

I have the AVR 520 but only 5 speakers at the moment. But since I'll be adding a 6th and maybe a seventh in the near future, I'm interested in the solution to your dilemma.

I assume since you have a 6ch amp that you have a cable leaving your AVR 520 from either the surround left (SBL) or surround right (SBR) and plugging into your amp's 6th channel input.

Does this 6th channel show up when you press the 'OSD' button and select 'channel adjust' from the menu (i.e. is there a dB reading next to either the SBL or SBR)? If it doesn't show up, then your receiver is not detecting a 6th channel for some reason or other.

If this 6th channel shows up, I would try activating the manual test tones (also in the 'channel adjust' menu just below the dB readings) and see if you can't produce a test tone that way. If you can, you can always use the SPL meter in the remote to manually adjust the levels.

-Let me know if (and how) this works and if you've solved the problem some other way.

Dan

Craig Ball

Second Unit
If this 6th channel shows up, I would try activating the manual test tones (also in the 'channel adjust' menu just below the dB readings) and see if you can't produce a test tone that way. If you can, you can always use the SPL meter in the remote to manually adjust the levels.
Thanks, i'll give it a try.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks