What's new

Gwen Stefani's new album L.A.M.B (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Has anyone here seen the new video for her latest single " Whatcha Waiting For?" It's awesome. I really think this new album is going to do very well. The style is very different from her No Doubt days and I think it may even be better.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ive been waiting for this album for awhile... Their new sound on Rock Steady was just great... Im hopin her solo album will be just as good

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I started anticipating this album ever since I got hooked by No Doubt with its "Singles" album.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Okay well I got a chance to hear the whole album and boy am I glad, because I will not be rushing out to buy this one. Here is my review I posted on another forum.

I'm wondering if people are getting any of the jokes Gwen is making on this album. They're actually quite hilarious if you can look back through her career and make a connection.

I have listened to this album atleast 6 times now and I only like about 4 songs on the whole album.

What You Waiting For ~ This one knocked my socks off. I was really excited for the album after hearing this song. This is Gwen at her best.

Harajuku Girls ~ This song was such a disappointment after hearing WYWF. The obvious product placement (which you'll find in more songs throughout) is ridiculous, but I guess that goes along with the title of the album (she had to be channeling Mariah Carey for that one).

Cool ~ The small ray of sunlight that broke through my utter disappointment. What a great song. I am guessing it is about Tony, but who knows for sure. Very Cyndi Lauper.

Hollaback Girl ~ Okay she was definitely channeling Tony Basil on this one! LOL! One of the worst songs on the album. I understand she was going back for an 80's feel for this album, but my god, this is a bit much! I'm sure the Cheerleading Association will have to edit this one for their teams to use! LOL!

The Real Thing ~ Another awesome song! The minute it starts you can tell she was going for that New Order sound. She definitely hit the nail on the head with this one. The cool thing is that there is a very specific sound in this song that is only associated with New Order and most bands in the 80's who tried to reproduce it failed miserably, but Gwen, having worked with Bell, got it down. It works!

Rich Girl ~ What does one get when they cross Fiddler on the Roof with Modern pop? Why Gwen Stefani singing Rich Girls of course! Anyone else catch the one liner joke in this song (not fiddler on the roof connected)?

Danger Zone ~ Madonna Inspired anyone? Take a close listen and you'll hear it. It took me a second listen to hear it myself, but once I did it was unmistakable. Decent song. Nice hook.

Bubble Pop Electric ~ Anyone wanna guess who she was channeling for this one? LOL! At first I thought Grease featuring .... but then once I listened to it again it hit me ike a rock. Another one of those jokes running through here.

Crash ~ Salt and Peppa anyone? This song irritates me to no end.

Luxerious ~ This is the one song that does not fit the feel of this album at all. Why did she put this one in the album? R&B crapola!

Serious ~ Okay this one took me a while to figure out the sound she was going for. Was it a Lisa Lisa Vibe or was it Expose? I finally settled on Expose! lol. Not a good song.

Long Way To Go ~ Um... yeah... just bad. Need I say more?

All in all this is not an album I would purchase. 4 out of 12 songs is not worth the money to me. This album was quite the disappointment for Gwen's solo debut. She said it herself though.. " Ooh Ooh, this my shit, this my shit"

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked it up yesterday for my daughter. It's pretty weak, IMO (I only liked about half of Rock Steady). I like about 3 songs and the rest are basically crap, IMO. "B A N A N A S" WTF? Good thing it was only $8 or I would have been angry.

Anyone else see the $35 version that comes with a wallet? :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks