What's new

GRUV Deals (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I really wish gruv would get their act together on website design and provide a way to filter based on media type. I'd like to look at just the BR titles on offer which can't be done unless it's a "BR Only" sale.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Gruv July 4th Weekend 4K Sale - 2 for $27 - Titles include IP Man 4, Dunkirk, Spartacus, Carlito's Way, Schindler's List, Shrek 2, Shrek, ET (40th Anniv), Apocalypse Now, The Birds, The Sting, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim, Psycho, Frankenstein, Unforgiven, Rear Window, Saboteur, Wolfman, Howard the Duck, Hot Fuzz, Shadow of a Doubt, Marnie, and many films from the Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
GRUV is matching some/all the Amazon Prime Deals. One use coupon SIGNUP20 still works if you never used it or if you know how to get it to work more than once. If for some reason you are rejected from using coupon they now inform you that the coupon has been removed before you order unlike the past where you didn't know you didn't get the coupon until they sent you the receipt.

Some examples before 20% off

Maltese Falcon 4K $14.99 Sold Out
Rebel Without a Cause 4K $14.99 Sold Out
Cool Hand Luke 4K $14.99
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K $12.99
Casablanca 4K $ 11.99 Sold Out
Singin' In The Rain 4K $9.99 Sold Out
Smallville Complete Series Blu Ray $84.99 Sold Out
Wizard Of Oz 4K $9.99 Sold Out
James Bond: The Daniel Craig 5-Film Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray) [UHD] $34.99 Sold Out
Superman: Complete Animated Series $19.99 Sold Out
Batman 4-film Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray $39.99

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
4K Weekend Deals includes Complete Game of Thrones Series for $100 . No Digital Code included apparently. Plus 20% off if you can get it to work. Per CamelCamelCamel this matched the lowest it has been at Amazon. Currently $120 at Amazon. Adding it to your cart without checking out holds the price if you are just thinking about it. Holding it in your cart allows you to order it if it sells out. GRUV does not allow you to add sold out items to your cart.

15% coupon Code HAPPYANNY15 still works. It says not good on multiple buys. Maybe means its a one use coupon.

Blu Ray Weekend Deals

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
New 3 for $30 4K deal at Gruv!

Titles in the sale include:

The Birds
Jurassic Park III
Kong Skull Island
Dracula (1931)
The Meg
Last Night in Soho
Crazy Rich Asians
Marnie
Mary Queen of Scots (2018)
The Invisible Man (1933)
Saboteur
The Wolfman (1941)
Justice League (Theatrical)
Shadow of a Doubt
The Town

No expiration date was noted in the sale, but these typically only last a week or so.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Too bad I basically have all the ones I'd want in good enough quality (whether BD or 4K). It's otherwise a great deal!

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Weekend Deals

DVD Movie and TV sets includes Charlie's Angel complete series for $17.

Blu Ray Movie and TV sets includes The Flintstones complete series for $30 and Complete Smallville series for $85.

4K Movie sets including 8 film Harry Potter set for $60.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Some good DVD deals this weekend. Looney Tunes DVDs Golden Collections 4 disc sets for $10 or $14 per set depending on the volume. DVDs of I Dream of Jeannie and
The Partridge Family complete series sets for $15 each.

Though an ebay seller is currently selling a box set of all 6 volumes of the Golden Collection Looney Tunes for $36.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
GRUV is matching Amazon on a number of 4Ks at $9.99 per disk before any coupon
Included are
Rebel Without A Cause
National Lampoon's Vacation
Enter The Dragon
Shazam Fury of The Gods
Black Adam
Shawshank Redemption

Rebel has already increased at Amazon and so will probably go back up on GRUV shortly.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Are you sure it's not Amazon matching GRUV? I've seen them do that frequently in the past few months and as soon a s title "sells out" at GRUV it goes back up on Amazon *or* Amazon allocates a unknown number of "sale" copies for the title and then raising the price (or putting it as a non-primary offer) when that number's been reached.

It's also interesting that Rebel Without a Cause is being sold on Amazon for $9.99 by GRUV but with $3.99 shipping while on GRUV.com it's $9.99 with free shipping.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you sure it's not Amazon matching GRUV? I've seen them do that frequently in the past few months and as soon a s title "sells out" at GRUV it goes back up on Amazon *or* Amazon allocates a unknown number of "sale" copies for the title and then raising the price (or putting it as a non-primary offer) when that number's been reached.

It's also interesting that Rebel Without a Cause is being sold on Amazon for $9.99 by GRUV but with $3.99 shipping while on GRUV.com it's $9.99 with free shipping.
It must be coming from a third party on Amazon.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
With a few of the newly added 4K sale titles, just finally placed my order (of sale titles accumulated in my cart over the last few months ;)) w/ the 20%-off signup discount -- came out to ~$136 (tax included) for a bunch of 4Ks (at $10-13 each, except Goodfellas at $15, before the additional discount) + several BDs (mostly at 2-for-$12 before the additional discount). :D:cool:

Yeah, I may have been pushing my luck a bit waiting this long to finally place the order... since they do (somehow) dump our carts once in a (long) while... :lol:

:cheers:

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ha! Figures they'd drop it to just $10 pretty much right after I finally ordered it for $12 from them, heh -- they do seem to drop many/most, but not all, 4K discs to that price at some points, often by BF/holiday shopping season.

Oh well, I actually paid slightly under $10 anyway after applying the coupon, heh... and wouldn't wanna risk losing my cart of other bargain priced titles (at least some of which had long returned to higher prices) just to wait for marginally lower prices on one or two (or ditch Casablanca for an uncertain future)... :P

Not a complaint in the least, but just my love of bargain hunting talking a bit, heh... :lol:

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
3 for $30 4K Deal. However a lot of titles are sold out. If it says "View" instead of "Add To Cart" then it is sold out. Maybe some will come back in stock before sale ends but who knows. I know "Goodfellas" was sold out out before the sale began. You can't order sold out items unless they are already in your cart. If they were in your cart they will be at the price they were when you put them in your cart.

3 for $15.99 Blu Ray Stock situations appears better than the 4Ks

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Code HAPPYANNY15 15% off is apparently now one use per customer like SIGNUP20.

Other mentioned it had been multi use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks