What's new

Hitchcock 4K Vol 2 Films $9.99 each at GRUV (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Hitchcock films from the Vol 2 set are $9.99 each now. The price has been switching between $9.99 and $13.99 on Black Friday but is $9.99 as of this writing.

Marnie
The Trouble with Harry
Family Plot
Saboteur
Shadow of a Doubt

All Hitchcock at GRUV

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I saw the $9.99 prices late last week (before finally placing my order), but decided to just opt for the complete set anyway even though it's tempting to go w/ all separates -- the reality is I could likely use the space-savings more even if pricing is exactly the same. That plus I already went w/ the set approach for Vol 1, so might as well be consistent w/ that... though I would've been much more tempted to go w/ separates for Vol 1.

But definitely excellent deal, especially if only want some, not all, of them and/or using the 20%-off coupon on top...

Think I may just ditch the included BDs or something -- probably store them separately perhaps or just replace the old ones in the old cases, if any of them are better -- so it's not so cramped...

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
GRUV still allows current account holders to use the SIGNUP20 code and shows the discount in your cart, but when you check out it's removed after you submit your payment info, and you're charged full price without your consent. Come on Universal, fix it already!

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
On the plus side, them not fixing/debugging the site promptly has allowed lots of little apparent loopholes for the more (ahem) savvy customers to get better discounts than they probably intended... ;):lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::cool:

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
GRUV still allows current account holders to use the SIGNUP20 code and shows the discount in your cart, but when you check out it's removed after you submit your payment info, and you're charged full price without your consent. Come on Universal, fix it already!

When you go to the payment screen is there not a Banner in Red Letters at the top of the screen reading
x Sorry you have already used this Promotion Code - this is limited to one per customer - Promotion Discount has been removed

If not, I wonder why it's still showing up in different ways for different folks -- not sure why. The first couple days they tried to change the code
is somewhat understandable, but after a few weeks of complaints you;d think it it would have been fully fixed by now

If I load my cart while signed it and Apply SIGNUP20 then no discount shows
If I do the same while signed out, the Discount shows up and stays when I sign in, but GO TO PAYMENT and the above message shows up

The discount seems linked to the email address and not shipping/billing information so GUEST checkout still works

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
When you go to the payment screen is there not a Banner in Red Letters at the top of the screen reading
x Sorry you have already used this Promotion Code - this is limited to one per customer - Promotion Discount has been removed
Nope. No banner and no message. It allowed me to enter the code and even showed the resulting $7.80 discount on the Hitchock Vol. 2 4K set I wanted in my cart, and I was signed in. When I checked out, it reverted to the no-code price AFTER it had charged my card. I had to cancel the order.

Thanks for the tip on the guest checkout BTW. That does indeed work.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nope. No banner and no message. It allowed me to enter the code and even showed the resulting $7.80 discount on the Hitchock Vol. 2 4K set I wanted in my cart, and I was signed in. When I checked out, it reverted to the no-code price AFTER it had charged my card. I had to cancel the order.

Thanks for the tip on the guest checkout BTW. That does indeed work.
Didn't realize (at least was hoping) that was still happening to people.

1st glad you saw the discount was removed and more that you were able to get the deal in the end

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Does the order get added to your existing account (and visible/trackable in order history, etc) if you use guest checkout w/ the same email addy?

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does the order get added to your existing account (and visible/trackable in order history, etc) if you use guest checkout w/ the same email addy?

_Man_

Maybe, but you can't use the 20% discount you use the same email. I'm actually pretty sure it will let you go to the end screen in you use a current registered address.
I think I even tried the same Guest Email address that I didn't register with a password and I don't think it let me go to the next screen.
A gmail dot blind address was fine (abc123 vs abc.123@gmail), but that order didn't go into the registered account order.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

_Man_
Using guest checkout and the dot blind email address (Thanks David) , you get 2 emails. One with order confirmation and the second with the shipping information. The order conformation confirms the 20% off was applied to the order. If there is no discount on the confirmation email you did not get the 20% off. The second email has the tracking number. If your order ships in more than one package you get a separate email for each package. A guest has no shipping history on their website. I have not seen a way to track an order on their website using an order number. If someone was able to do this with a guest order perhaps they will post here. You are offered the choice to set up the guest email as a new account but orders made using a guest email are not added to your existing account even though you are using the same name, shipping address and credit card info on both your existing account and the guest checkout. In any case there is no tracking information on orders listed in your account.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks