What's new

Gremlins Blu - Ray 10/19/09 in the uk only , why ???? (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I have this pre-ordered, but I fully expect to be disappointed again, like last year, when it is yanked at the last minute.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
They do this a lot in Europe with BD. In the past few years we got the following a long time before the US release:

The Rock
Air Force One
Starship Troopers
Crimson Tide
Starsky & Hutch (glitched subtitles though and Disney-BV not WB)
The Island

Then we still have not got these US titles:

Cast Away
Patton
Die Hard3
Big Trouble In Little China

A lot of it is that sometimes a different studio owns the international BD rights such as DH3 is not Fox but Disney-BV then other times I thinks its down to licensing music on the soundtrack & or actor contracts for global releases. As BD is pretty much a global standard you would think that nowadays they would give everything a std release date but they also have to put additional languages on the EU BD's. Gremlins 1 & 2 were yanked at the last minute and this year they had Charlies Angels1 + 2 movies for a July release but pulled those late in the day as well as several others.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Patton is available in most of Europe but not the UK. There are many other titles not available in Europe, none of which have studio rights problems, such as The Robe, The Sand Pebbles, South Pacific, Adventures of Robin Hood, Battle of the Bulge and 7th Voyage of Sinbad,

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Amazon.fr , thats the french amazon, have this listed for October 7 !!!!! Thats 2 weeks earlier than uk.They even have the original poster as the cover art.Ive preordered it,The original coverart seals the deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks