What's new

Greetings from South Florida (1 Viewer)

lester12345

Auditioning
Real Name
Les
It is nice to have a forum like this available for questions and to help people out.
About 8 yrs ago, when I retired and moved to south Florida, the first thing I did was purchase components for a home theater. The 50 inch lcd is not as good as it used to be and I have decided to get in near future an new led 3d Samsung replacement as well as a 3d blueray DVD replacement.
Initially I would want to integrate this with my existing 6.1 Onkyo receiver and speakers. The receiver does not have an HMDI input but I guess I will use an HMDI cable from the Cable Box to the TV and an optical digital cable from the Cable Box to the Receiver.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Can you use the BD lossless audio formats with that receiver? It might be worth it to upgrade the receiver at the same time.

You might have heard the saying that "A boat is a hole in water that you through money into". Home theater seems to be a dark room that you through money into.

Welcome to the forum.

-Keith

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Keith Plucker said:
You might have heard the saying that "A boat is a hole in water that you through money into". Home theater seems to be a dark room that you through money into. :D
Hey now, some of us have a LITTLE restraint =p
Welcome aboard Les!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks