What's new

Great X-box Live news about NFL2K3 (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Don't know if you Beta users saw the e-mail form MS, but they have fixed the dreaded Pause bug. There is now a 90 second timer that counts down when you press the Pause button. If you don't un-Pause the game within 90 seconds, you are given a loss and the other team is given a Win.
Here is the actual quote from the e-mail:
Countdown Timer: This new, 90-second timer has been added to the pause menu, so quitters can go find another game to play - they'll get a loss if they hit Pause and don't jump back into the game within 90 seconds. 'Nuff said.
This is great news indeed, and it is great seeing the MS is doing a lot to make sure that X-Box Live will run as smoothly as possible. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

Jason Price

Second Unit
Yes, that's definitely great news, but not the best solution, IMHO. I think the timer's a little short, for the times when you really *need* to pause the game. It also won't completely eliminate pausers, if the person is diligent enough. It would also be nice to have some sort of "mutual pause", where the other person could agree to an extended pause. Still, a step in the right direction...

I just wish they'd give us *some* info on the divergence issues. They're a major PITA...

Andre F

Screenwriter
Very good but isn't 90 seconds kind of short. What if you need a bathroom break?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I am very impressed with the Xbox Live team - they listened to the Beta users and implemented this thing quickly!
It gives me hope for some Friends List improvements.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I read an article in Sports Illustrated a couple of years ago about the Stadium Pal, and it was absolutely hilarious! I wish I could find it.

As I recall, it was the first had account of both a man and a woman using it.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Can anyone confirm whether or not if you look at your play online does it show up on the other persons screen? I find there are a at least 1-2 times a game where I want to do this and I haven't been able to because I'm afraid of the other person seeing my play.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Mike, do you mean by pulling both triggers to see the passing routes? Or do you mean calling your play before the huddle? I know they can't see which play you call, but I don't know if they can see the routes if you pull them up at the LOS. The next time I play online I'll check.

Jason Price

Second Unit
If you're talking about your opponent seeing your routes (left trigger), then no, they do not. They do see the pulled-out screen, though...

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Cool. That makes me feel much better about the game. I thought A guy told me he could see it . I must have been mistaken.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Mike,

I was checking out my routes when I played you. You never seen my routes though, correct?

I was under the assumption that all your opponent sees is the pulled back view.

-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks