What's new

GREAT sounding Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to rent some movies that really show off my surround sound system. I am looking for awesome surround panning(right to left, front to back, back left to right front, that sort of thing), subtle surround effects (rain, insects, background noise), clear dialogue, and absolutely SLAMMING bass, all in one movie...here's what I have so far...
Fast and the Furious (own)
Gladiator(own)
Jurassic Park and the Lost World(own, used to own till it was stolen :angry: )
Matrix
Fight Club
Phantom Menace
are their any other movies that incorperate ALL things that Dolby Digital is capable of handling?
thanx

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Not a great movie, but a highly active surround experience: Behind Enemy Lines.
By all accounts from the early reviews, Fellowship of the Ring will shortly become the new demo disc.
M.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Definitely A Bug's Life which has some awesome panning, voices from split surround channels, etc.

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
I would add "Die Hard 3." I watched it last night, only through dts, but GREAT blasts, subtle rain, really good banter between Sam Jackson and Bruce.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring.

This is one of the most aggressive and booming soundtracks I have ever heard. All the time not seeming too gimicky in surround use. Has some of the deepest bass I have heard too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks