What's new

Great Outdoors/Uncle Buck (1 Viewer)

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
Trying to complete my John Hughes 80's collection and was wondering about the above.

Are there special editions in the works or at least a price drop(these are expensive)

For those with the DVD how is the quality is it in widescreen and is the trailer on it?

Thanks

Haden

Supporting Actor
If we couldn't even get special editions for the upcoming re-releases of Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and 16 Candles, then why would we for these? :frowning:

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if any SE's are in the works for these. I can give you some idea of quality and features but it won't be until tomorrow. I am so happy to have these films on DVD that I've never looked at them too critically, just enjoyed the show.
Now I have an excuse to have a John Hughes double feature tonight, cool.

wally

Second Unit
How is the current release of The Great Outdoors?

Looks like it's not anamorphic?

I'd love to add Roman and Chet to my collection. :emoji_thumbsup:

"Ya know what's in hotdogs"?

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Both TGO and UB are 1.85:1-UB is anamorphic while TGO is not. There are two trailers on TGO and both DVD's have pretty good sounding Dolby surround tracks. Picture quality is actually pretty good on both discs but I noticed more dirt/dust specks on UB. If you are a John Hughes fan I highly recommend both.
Hope this helps.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Try looking visiting at Overstock.com. If you never ordered from them online you should do a search on HTF first in Coupons & Bargains section for a link to a $5 off for new member account/purchases. It would save a little bit of money. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks