What's new

got my new, used car today (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I posted a bit ago asking for suggestions and finally settled on a car.
Unlike the others I didn't get anything as nice as a Z or an audi, but I did get a '02 sentra SE-R spec-v, red with red and lava seats (it really isn't as bad as it sounds :laugh: )
coming from a WRX I was afraid it would be slow and boring to drive around town. I'm pleasantly surprised, plenty zippy, much smoother/quiter/more comfy than the wrx and it saves me 100 bucks a month between insurance and the car payment. I'm pleased.
I had driven a nissan altima before the subaru for 5 years with zero problems, I'm glad to be back with nissan. Plus the car came with a 75k extended warranty.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I saw those last time I went to the Nissan dealer. They look sporty and a little aggresive. Don't they have 175 horsepower? If you were into modding them I believe they have a lot of potential. I glad to see Nissan is getting back in the game with it's cars. They were out for a while here in the U.S but they came back strong now. Congrats on your new ride and good job freeing up that extra $100 for HT stuff:D . Did you sell your WRX yet? I remember you were trying in another thread.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The SpecV is a real nice ride, I just wish we could FF a decade so I could buy one used for $4000 or less. :wink: I'm still looking for a used 3rd gen Maxima, hard to find a 5-spd with decent miles.

Got any pics to post? Those colors sound sweet.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Some 16 y/o kid bought it."

Another BOY without the ability to drive a Lada getting a sports car

The Spec is a nice ride, aggresive stance, good power and nice rim!!

It IS a baby Maxima which aint a bad thing!

Brent

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Another BOY without the ability to drive a Lada getting a sports car
coming soon to a telephone poll near you!

sorry no pics yet, the guy didn't have it detailed so I'm cleaning it up still. Not too bad condition, a bunch of tiny chips on the hood to have patched up, otherwise it's great

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
pics, since you asked :D

it's tough to tell in photos, but the center of the seat is red, and the outside is red with a black mesh over it, giving it that strange maroon tint in the photo.

just got done with a clay bar and some mother's wax, looks OK, not too happy with the wax and it needs another shot with the claybar, maybe this fall when it is cooler.

here's the big fat front end, tough to get a good shot while it's in the driveway, sorry

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Nice pics very nice car. I clayed my car then used Zymol wax talking about smooth it helped a lot. Zymol is not that expensive either.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I just used the free carnuba stuff that came with the claybar, I've been using Mguires liquid class with mixed feelings, I might try zymol next time

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I have the considerably tamer 01 Sentra SE with the 2 liter
Infiniti G-20 engine, love it but should have waited for the SE-R spec V.

The 04 facelift looks like a lamish attempt to emulate the new corporate look of the new Maxima and some other newer Nissan models. Grafted onto the 00 body it's not successful, the 02 and 03 look better.

Hopefully the Sentra will get a real restyling before I am in the market for my Spec V (about 2 years from now) that brings it more in line with the current Altimas and Maximas. Otherwise I'll have to try to find a nice used 02-04 Altima 3.5 SE.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
wow, I'm kind of surprised at the response, thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

I hardly EVER see SE-R's on the road, maybe it has to do with the (over)price, it's within range of the mazdaspeed protoge, and the neon SRT4 now, I imagine sales will drop.
Like I said, I drove an altima for 5 years and it was a great car, I'm happy to be back with nissan, love the car so far.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Philip .. nice ride. Glad you were able to get rid of the WRX easily!

Speaking of waxes, just ordered some Zaino from www.zainobros.com for my new Mini.

Not much into waxes or detailing but people all over the Mini and BMW forums talk about Zaino like it's some religion :) Might be worth a look for the Sentra.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I was gonna suggest Zaino but that stuff is kinda expensive. From what I have heard on the car site I go to it is absolutely the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks