What's new

Yeah, baby! I get to pick up my new (used) car today. (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Well, after a lot of research, I decided on a Honda Civic LX. As much as I'd love to get a new car, my current finances can just barely handle the insurance and finance payments. So, to give myself some financial headroom I decided to get a used 1996 Civic LX that almost looks brand-new (for a mere fraction of the cost of a new 2004 model). I get to pick it up within the next two hours or so.

Man, I'm excited!! At last my first like-new (to me) used car that won't have problems every month! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Congrats, Brian. I bought my first new "NEW" car last year. I understand where you're coming from. Enjoy, and hope it performs well for you.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Man, am I colored red with embarrassment right now. Went down to the bank to get a cashier's check to pay for the car realized that it's Columbus day. Argh!! In all the excitement and rush to get there I didn't even realize the banks are all closed today. Looks like I pulled a Homer Simpson. D'oh! :b :D

Oh, well. It'll still be there tomorrow! Man, I can't wait! :emoji_thumbsup:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Chirstopher Columbus had the same problems. Imagine him going down to buy the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, only to find the boat place was closed for Columbus Day. :D

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Mark- ROTFL!! That would be very interesting to see. :D

Anyway, I finally got my car this morning! Man, it's gorgeous -- so much better than my previous car. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Plus, because it's such a piece of crap I don't even think anyone will pay much. But we'll see what happens.

I'm so glad to get this new used car -- excellent value and an excellent ride to boot. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Nothing better than getting into a new car (or something better than your last one). :emoji_thumbsup: Congrats Brian. I assume you've been crusing the roads today (instead of the net)? :D
Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Plus, because it's such a piece of crap I don't even think anyone will pay much.
I sold my old Chevy Chevette for $50 :D It had a blown muffler, leaked oil and no shocks left, but there is always someone out there looking for parts.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Nothing better than getting into a new car (or something better than your last one). :emoji_thumbsup: Congrats Brian. I assume you've been crusing the roads today (instead of the net)? :D
That's true! It's going to be nice not to have to borrow someone else's MUCH nicer car when I go somewhere other than straight to and from work. Now I can use my own car exclusively. Although it *will* be difficult getting used to not having to worry about brakes (my old car's brakes were wearing down), the heater fogging up the windshield inside, severe cosmetic damage, among other problems.

And yes, I've been cruisin' the road this mornin' in my new used car. It handles great, the ride is extraordinary, and the best part is I get 3/4 of a tank of gas on only TEN BUCKS!! ;)

Very good decision on my part -- without the incredible added expense of insurance and monthly payments that would come with a brand-new car. I still make monthly payments and pay insurance but it's still a LOT lower than it would have been with a new car. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks