What's new

Got a great deal on a Crown CE-1000 and BFD last night at Guitar Center! (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I have been looking for an amp for a little while now and while doing research and asking several people about amps, the top choice always came back to the crown over the QSC, Crest, etc... So I went into my local Guitar center last night looking at the amps. I also checked to see if they had the BFD. They had them in stock so I checked on a package deal for both. The price after tax came out to over $570 at first, but after dealing with the sales guy, I got him down to $540 out the door. Even the best on-line prices can't compete with that price so I picked them up.

BTW, the crown came with the additional Binding post connection outputs(which are not standard and are an additional cost at most places on line I have found).

So all of you looking for amps, try your local guitar center. They have great deals and if you deal with the dept manager, he can get the price even lower than a sales associate.

So, now just a question for all of you who have the BFD. What would you recommend I use to hook up between the BFD and Amp? Can I use the XLR outputs if I use the 1/4" input on the BFD? Or should I just use a 1/4" patch cable? Any advantages to using XLR over 1/4"?

A

Anthony_Gomez

Glad you got a deal! I too got a killer deal on a crown K2 at Mars for ~1050 w/tax this weekend. These sales are bad for my wallet! What are you going to use the amp and BFD for?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Picked it up for my Tempest sonosub. The tempest is currently in a small sealed enclosure until I can get the sonotube finished. I will use 1 channel for the tempest and one for a pair of shakers.
What else would I need these for?:)
With all the talk about pro amps paired with a BFD to power subs, I just had to jump on the bandwagon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks