What's new

Goodbye TIDAL (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I've been with TIDAL since the service was introduced in the United States. Their latest move eliminating the option to buy music through their download store motivated me to cancel my subscription. Why on Earth would I support a streaming service at $19.99 a month when it doesn't offer what many audiophiles demand? Owning music is a "must" for people who love *their* music.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I agree but expect we'll see more of a shift towards this "subscription only" model as it takes any and all control away from the consumer. Personally, IMHO, most new music is derivative crap anyway so I'm not overly concerned as I've already built up a sizeable collection over the years. These new models are not intended for audiophile acceptance as we represent a miniscule piece of the total picture.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You could always just stream Tidal and purchase titles you want from places like hdtracks.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks