What's new

Good sounding computer speakers (1 Viewer)

David Sorenson

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like an easy thing to find doesn't it? Not for me. I have a set of 8 year old Audiophile speakers. It's a 2.1 system with wood sub and satellites. I want to get a 4.1 system but can't find anything that sounds as good as my current set. I've had some systems come close but the plastic enclosures they use now just doesn't create the nice sound of the wood enclosures.

Anyone have 4.1 computer speaker recommendations? Or another way to get the quality of sound out of my system with normal home theater gear?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
You might want to look into the Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and the Logitech Z560. If you didn't need 4.1, I'd suggest the Swan M200's.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
I own the promedia 4.1's. You wont get much better than this unless you buy actual speakers. Theres a lot of bass and the speakers play VERY LOUD. I have only been able to get the knob half way :eek:

Salvador

Second Unit
IMO, the klipsch promedia series sounds ok at best. They DO play loud but i found the sats to be fatiguing and the sub too thumpy for my tastes. But at the time (aprox 1.5 yrs ago)it was the best system of speakers i ever had. For all intents and purposes i would have kept them if they didn't keep on breaking down all the time. Four sets to be exact. First three were amp failures caused by some defect with their heatsink. My last set exhibited static and annoying hiss even when turned off (but still plugged in). BTW, i had the 4.1 promedias. The 2.1's and 5.1's also have a fair amount of disgruntled customers like me (just check out the promedia forums at www.klipsch.com).
Customer service throughout my klipsch ordeal was excellent though. They paid for all the shipping charges and the replacement sets were there the same day they took my busted set. Nowadays they let YOU pay for the shipping charges.
Others have had their promedias for a long time without any hitches. But the four sets that i went through plus the 3 or 4 defective sets (can't remember exactly) my friend also went through just left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.
So i moved on to better things instead of toying around with these multimedia speaker duds that are made in china. Just do yourself a favor and check out the www.klipsch.com forum and listen to the speakers before shelling out for the promedias. THen you could decide for yourself.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Monsoons or Aegos: Monsoons are 150 or so a pair (with sub) and for 225 or so they have 4.1. Also, check out Aegos, which are 400 for 2.1. I've heard the monsoons, and they're great; I haven't heard the Aegos, but Sterophile really liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks