What's new

good sound, small pkg? (1 Viewer)

wade_g

Auditioning
Putting together my first HT room--very basic...first-timer stuff. Would probably go with JBL Northridge, based on research so far, but the spouse that won't put up with a room full of speakers. (She thinks it should be no more imposing than B*$@ mini-cubes.) Arg!:frowning:

Would appreciate advice on "subtle" speaker setup (5.1). Room is 12x15x9 with sofa and 50" LCD projection TV on opposite short walls. Will make do for now with Sony STR-DE835 receiver. In-wall is not an option at front due to door/window. Thinking I will stand-mount fronts and wall-mount rears. Cost is less an issue than appearance, but don't want to make an expensive mistake on my first go-round.

Have looked at:
Paradigm Cinema Series
Infinity Primus
Infinity Modulus
B*$@ (won't be going there)
Multitude of HTIBs

Will audition the Paradigms today. Leaning toward JBL E250 for my sub. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Wade

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
The Paradigm Cinema Series are really good for small speakers. They will outperform pretty much ANY HTiB system. I used to have the Cinemas and they would do great in your room. My living room was a bit to big for them though.

I recently set my Dad's system up with all Infinity Primus 150's and those sound pretty darn good too. They are bigger than the Cinemas for sure!

You should also look at the following:
Paradigm Atoms -fronts and surrounds
Paradigm CC-170 -center
Paradigm PDR-10 -sub.

This would also be a VERY good starter system and would fill your space easily with great HT sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks