Good Portable Phone??

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JavierS, Jan 6, 2004.

1. JavierS

JavierS Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I currently have a Panasonic portable phone but the battery keeps dying on me. Does anyone know of any good portable phones out there? I don't need the fancy phones with answering machines, I just want a long battery life and a speaker on the base.

2. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I assume you are talking cordless home phones?

I have the V-Tech 5.8GHz phone and I love it. Being that it is in the 5.8GHZ band.....the range is really good and it will not interfere with a wireless computer network (which operates on the 2.4GHZ band) and it won't receive interference from Microwave ovens and the like.

The battery lasts a good amount of time......and there is the option of keeping a spare battery in the base station....which can be swapped out for a quick battery change in the handset if needed. Also the spare battery in the base will allow you to still use the phone during a power outage. Cool feature.

A bit pricy due to the new 5.8GHZ technology...but really worth it in my opinion (especially since I have wireless internet at the house and my old 2.4GHZ phone would interfere with my network signal reception big time).

It has a speaker phone on the base station and the handsets (supports up to 6) can also be used as portable speaker phones at the click of a button.

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I have bought and returned several phones before purchasing my recent Panasonic. The previous one died on me after 3 years of use. The biggest difference I've seen is the range and this current Panasonic I purchased has the clearest sound and longest range of the bunch. I paid $79 at Office Depot but I've seen them for $45 or so after Christmas. They give you 2 options of colors: Blue/grey and Red.