What's new

Good Portable Phone?? (1 Viewer)

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I currently have a Panasonic portable phone but the battery keeps dying on me. Does anyone know of any good portable phones out there? I don't need the fancy phones with answering machines, I just want a long battery life and a speaker on the base.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I assume you are talking cordless home phones?

I have the V-Tech 5.8GHz phone and I love it. Being that it is in the 5.8GHZ band.....the range is really good and it will not interfere with a wireless computer network (which operates on the 2.4GHZ band) and it won't receive interference from Microwave ovens and the like.

The battery lasts a good amount of time......and there is the option of keeping a spare battery in the base station....which can be swapped out for a quick battery change in the handset if needed. Also the spare battery in the base will allow you to still use the phone during a power outage. Cool feature.

A bit pricy due to the new 5.8GHZ technology...but really worth it in my opinion (especially since I have wireless internet at the house and my old 2.4GHZ phone would interfere with my network signal reception big time).

It has a speaker phone on the base station and the handsets (supports up to 6) can also be used as portable speaker phones at the click of a button.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have bought and returned several phones before purchasing my recent Panasonic. The previous one died on me after 3 years of use. The biggest difference I've seen is the range and this current Panasonic I purchased has the clearest sound and longest range of the bunch. I paid $79 at Office Depot but I've seen them for $45 or so after Christmas. They give you 2 options of colors: Blue/grey and Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks