What's new

Good Party Songs? DJ help needed (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im playing Dj at a wedding this weekend. The crowd is going to be about 100 strong mostly 20s to 40s. The bride and groom want mostly 70s and 80s with a bit of newer stuff, counrty and old school thrown in. Ive pretty much figured on a playlist but would love ideas from the HTF.

Any suggestions for songs?

AricB

Second Unit
old school what? rap, metal, motown...

if they like country music i probably can't be much help. but any kind of song that you commonly hear people do drunk karaoke too, will probably go over good.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Might want to check out newer stuff like Ryan Adams and the Cardinals or Tift Merritt's Tambourine. There's tons of stuff in the 70s and 80s - you could even throw in some disco for Nostalgia.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Aric,
I was going to use Old School hip-hop and throw in a bit of disco. They really dont want metal but I will use Leppard, Van Halen and AC/DC. (they got good party/dance songs)

Old Motown might be good too. Thanks

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey matt! whatcha been doin'???

i have this list of my cd's ... it has a ton of 80's stuff ... maybe it'll give you some ideas. it hasn't been updated in a while...but the 80's stuff should be current.

cd listing

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
oh yeah ... check out Link Removed ... their 70's and 80's streams (both regular and pop) have some great tunes. a lot of those "hey i haven't heard that song in a while" type stuff.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Thanks guys!

Ted,
I SSOOOO need to raid your CD collection! :D

Call me soon, we need to catch up.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'd help you, Matt, but I've never been one for wedding music. You can only hear "Celebration" so many times and when it comes to line-dancing (Hustle, Electric Slide, Macarena, ad nauseam), I'm reminded vaguely of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Yes, I said it!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks