What's new

Play DJ - Help needed making mix for 90th B-day (1 Viewer)

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

I need a little help creating some mix CDs. This Saturday is my grandfather’s 90th B-day party and I’ve been given the task to play DJ.

I’m looking for some suggestions as to what to include. My grandparents are not huge music fans, but they enjoy F. Sinatra, D. Martin, G. Miller, T. Dorsey, & P. Como. I want to include those artists as well as songs everyone else will enjoy.

So I have a couple questions:

I can pick out the Sinatra & Martin songs. Does anyone have recommendations for Miller, Dorsey, Como? Are there any other artists & songs from that era that I should consider?

Right now I’m thinking of adding some:

R. Stewart
E. Fitzgerald
L. Armstrong
J. Buffett
B. Marley
Jokers Wild (a good swing band from DC)

What else should I add to the mix? My own musical tastes vary but it usually falls to the heavier or eclectic side. I want to make sure to add songs that 4 generations of people will enjoy. Deciding what to include from the last 30 yrs seems to be the hardest part.

I’m also wondering if anyone has suggestions on the play list order. I want to make sure that is balanced and has a good flow. Ideally I envision alternating between music from the 30-60s, 60-80s and more modern stuff.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks