What's new

Good home theater magazine? (1 Viewer)

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
In your opinion, what are some of the better home theater magazines? I'm interested in articles about the new 4k standards, HDR and related equipment. Purty pictures are a plus.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
In your opinion, what are some of the better home theater magazines? I'm interested in articles about the new 4k standards, HDR and related equipment. Purty pictures are a plus.
There used to be a magazine "Home Theater" that was pretty good. Like a lot of printed media these days, it had a hard time staying out of the red with a limited readership and the costs of printing and circulation, and stopped publishing. It combined with another publication, and now is available, called, I believe, "Sound & Vision" . It has a tendency to show relatively high end equipment. It also has many articles that are sales pitches for the latest and greatest equipment. On balance, it does have some good articles that you might find of interest. It also has a home page with most of the material in the magazine on line. It is www.hometheater.com

The web site you're currently on has lots of material, particularly if you go through the threads and read the interchanges. Another is www.AVSforum.com.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The web site you're currently on has lots of material, particularly if you go through the threads and read the interchanges. Another is www.AVSforum.com.

Yes, places like this are where I absorb most of my information. Sometimes I like to have the aesthetic experience of flipping through a printed publication. I've got two or three years (I think) before I'll be upgrading any component. So I want to enjoy the anticipation.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Can't blame you. I've got something similar in mind with my sound system. I wired for 7.1, but I'm thinking of putting in higher speakers for an ATMOS system. But that's a couple years away. I'm watching 4K projectors as well. Sound & Vision frequently showcases a theater of the month, as well as equipment. You might like it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sound, and Vision is really good. I honestly thought the print run was dead because I haven't seen it on magazine racks(including Barnes & Noble) in a few years.
I used to love Home Theater Magazine, a great read every issue.
Home Theater Interiors was short lived but amazing magazine, and perfect for ideas, and visual reference for people wanting to build their own theater in their home. I recycled my issues quite a while ago(I believe I had close to a complete run). I regret that decision.
I have since checked E-Bay for issues to re-buy but they are just so rare I gave up. Heck I can't even run a Google search to bring up any results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks