What's new
World Wide Stereo

Good, affordable amp with at least 2 zones that handle VIDEO besides audio? (1 Viewer)

Jordan_S

Auditioning
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone recommends a good amp that has at least two separate zones for VIDEO as well as audio. I almost purchased a Onkyo TXSR601, which is affordable and I love how MANY video ins and outs this amp has - and it advertises two powered zones - but I read the fine print and seems the two zone functionality is only for audio (kind of weird for an amp which has so many video inputs, seems to me).

In any event, my wife and I have CD, DAT and XM Radio audio sources and then TIVO, 2nd TIVO, ReplayTV, DVD, DVD Recordable and VHS in terms of inputs, and we're currently using a nice Sony amp which handles all the ins and outs (out are to 3 TV's) but just has one "zone".

We want to be able to watch different things at the same time and are thus seeking a good quality, hopefully affordable, amp for this purpose.

I should add that I do like to rock out pretty hard sometimes and definitely would value some power, I'm using a pair of JBL E100's as my mains and then JBL SP5 and SP6 in walls, 8 pairs through the house off a Niles switcher.

I really appreciate any tips on what amp I might look at. If there is a good choice but its costly, just tell me not to expect to get this done cheap. Thanks!!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The Denon 3803 and 3805 have composite video output for Zone 2. The 3805 also adds an additional Zone 3 preout.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If your looking for a low-priced one www.ecost.com has the "Refurbished" Kenwood THX VR-6070 (Black) that comes with an RF Remote that will also work from the 2nd room for $195.99 delivered they also have the Kenwood THX VR-7070 (Silver) which is new for $195.99 but it doesn't have an RF Remote. For more info, specs, pictures (The Remotes & etc) got to www.crutchfield.com & enter the model numbers in the box & they will come up on a discontinued page. A friend of mine just ordered the 6070 from them & even though he doesn't plan on using it in a 2nd zone he wanted it just because he thought it would be nice to use the RF remote to mute the receiver from anywhere in the house if say the phone rang & etc. The 6070 also got a very good review in Sound & Vision Mag.

Marc H

Second Unit
The Yamaha RXV2400 can do video to two zones but I'm not sure if it can be two seperate signals to the two zones. Check the owner's manual at Yamaha.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks