What's new
World Wide Stereo

Good 5 disc dvd players for under $200?? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
You may still be able to find a Panasonic CP72 at a local Circuit City or Ultimate Electronics/SoundTrack/Audio King. I had one for sale, but a friend took it off my hands for about the same price you're looking at. They originally retailed for appox. $270, and have received good reviews for picture quality. Also, I have heard mixed reviews about the Denon 1805 5 disc changer. I think when it first came out that it had some technical difficulties with randomly showing subtitles during the movie. PCMall.com and Ecost.com both carry 1805's refurbed for about $130. I've seen a couple of recent posts stating that the picture quality is good and that these are probably the refurbed ones that had the subtitle problem. Both players have the highly regard DCDi Faroujda processing chip in them. Although you do get DVD-A with the CP72, and not the 1805 from what I can tell on specs. Good luck!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, take a look at the Panasonic DVD-F65 for $130 and 'F85 for $150. They are very similar, except that the 'F65 only plays stereo DVD-Audio, while the 'F85 plays stereo and multi-channel DVD-Audio. Also, the 'F65 comes in black or silver and the 'F85 only comes in silver. Circuit City carries both models (only the black version of the 'F65), and check www.crutchfield.com for more information on the two players. Also do a search here, as they have been discussed extensively.

marc

Stunt Coordinator
The F85 does come in black, but it is a special order. Just an FYI

DanielMan

Auditioning
Just picked up a F85 in black. If any of you are in southern California, the Panasonic Store in Costa Mesa carries them. FYI...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks