What's new

Going to hook my PC to TV for Region free, am I missing anything? (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Hi all,

I just did a small upgrade on my computer. I just upgraded my old DVD-ROM to a new LiteOn 16X and made the 16X Region Free. I've got Region Killer so that Power DVD still thinks it's R1. I also just added a Radeon 8500 which has a TV out. Now if I understand the posts I found while searching all I should have to do is hook the computer to my receiver with a composite video cable (regular 25" TV, nothing special) and hook my SoundBlaster Live (the old original one) to my receiver with digital coax and that should be it. If I understand correctly I'll be able to play PAL DVDs without worrying about any kind of conversion? And I should get DD/DTS through to digital output of my sound card? I know quite a bit about computers, but when it comes to hooking them to a HT I'm clueless.

My equipment is:
Athlon 1800+
MSI K7T Turbo 2
640MB SDRAM
28.5GB, 30GB, 60GB Hard Drives
16X LiteOn DVD-ROM (made region free)
40x12x48x LiteOn CDRW
AOpen 40X CD-ROM
Sound Blaster Live (like I said the old original one w/daughter card)
ATA 66 controller card
Floppy
Zip 100

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Since your card displays what is on your monitor, and your computer doesn't care about PAL and NTSC, it is never a problem

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But, still, it depends on how well PowerDVD does its job at playing both types of DVD video sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks