What's new

Gillette Fusion (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I saw the Fusion on sale with one extra blade and decided to pick it up and give it a try.

I have to say that it's much better than the Mach 3. I second everything Chris said about getting a closer shave with the Fusion in less than half the time. I have a very rough and heavy beard and with the Fusion, I only have to go lightly against the grain in a few tough spots compared to the Mach 3 where I had to go against the grain on almost my entire face.

I shave in the shower, so clearing between the blades is not a problem...though it seems easier with the Fusion for some reason. Don't know about blade life yet.

That aloe or lubra strip or whatever it's called seems to last longer. The trimming blade works quite well and is useful for the sideburns.

I'm totally sold on this razor. Too good for me to pass up even if the blades do cost a bit more.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
give us your impressions on following shaves. i hear the first shave was good for many, but the following ones don't have the 'wow' the first shave does

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
First shave wasn't all that good for me. Wasn't used to the shape of the razor and so I "merely" matched what I could get out of my Mach3. By the second day I was getting a perfect shave that lasted a while. A week and a half into the first blade, and it's down to about what I could get with a brand new Mach3 blade. Still nice and comfortable though. My only concern at this point is blade life. The blade seems like it may be pretty dull after two weeks despite me having recently regrown my goatee. A Mach3 blade would last 3-4 weeks shaving just my cheeks and neck and not having to go around my lips (seems like that's the part of my face that dulls a razor the most quickly). The Fusion is still working wonderfully for me, but I can definitely tell the blade is duller than when I first started. I'll let you guys know when this blade finally gives up the ghost.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
After about 5-6 years of using the Mach3, I decided to try out the Gillette Sensor, with 2 blades. I find that the Sensor's shave is about the same as the Mach3, so I'm going to stick with this, at least for now. I sort of miss the Mach3 lube strip, but its not a big deal. The cartridges are cheaper, and the pack comes with 5 instead of 4. I haven't tried the Sensor 3-bladed version yet.

I can never find a womans razor that I like and I always end up using my husbands (switching blades of course). then he saw Fusion in Target and bought it for me, I guess it was a hint ;) But I love it, nice and smooth and doesn't irritate my legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks