What's new

If I buy a Gillette Fusion Razor, will they stop showing the commercials? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
This commercial is EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! I'm thinking about springing for one to see if I'm missing something, but I'm a little timid about letting anything w/ 5 battery-powered razors touch my face.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Last week I decided to take the opposite approach. I stopped buying the fancy razors and their overpriced blade refills. I purchased a package of el cheapo Target brand disposable razors for something like $3. I don't recall how many razors are in the package, 8? 10? Anyway, to my surprise these wimpy no battery, 2 blade, plain looking razors shave my face just as well as the expensive Mach3 blades I was using. :emoji_thumbsup:

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
FWIW, I posted a glowing review on the non-battery powered Fusion a while back.

I'm too lazy to look back and ammend my review, so I'll do it here. I've dumped it. Blades are way too expensive, and more importantly, unlike the Mach 3 blades, you can't get away with using a dull Fusion blade for a shave or two until you buy new ones...They rip your face up to bits. :thumbsdown:

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I heard that if you dry your razor w/ a blow dryer after using it will last for a very long time w/o getting dull. What causes a razor to dull is the water that corrodes the blade over time.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
my new technique is using an electric shaver before using a disposable razor. the electric shaver doesnt go as close as i'd like, but it does a great job at getting most of it, so the disposable doesn't have to do as much. my disposables are lasting much longer now.

CJ

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I bought the Fusion at costco to try it. It was the battery powered one and it came with 4 cartridges. I used to use a Mach 3 but always had to keep a 2 bladed sensor around to get under my nose. So I thought that the fusion would eliminate the 2nd razor since it had the extra blade on it. It does a good job but the extra blade doesn't work for my purpose. The cartridges also don't last any longer then the mach 3's. The cost, $37.50 for 16 at Costco still isn't cheap enough for me to continue to use it. So, it's going into the drawer and the Mach 3 and sensor are coming back out.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I must be one of the lucky ones, all I do is use clippers on the lowest setting. Constant 2 day shadow and I love it!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks