What's new

Gidget on dvd (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I wonder why this show isn't up for release. There are only 32 episodes and I know there is a HUGE fan base to this show.

Who owns the right to this show?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
To make up for pan&scanning the movies, they need to take time to drop&crop a fake widescreen for the tv show, cutting off everyone's head and feet. :frowning:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I believe that Columbia Tri/Star does. I'm kindof surprised it isn't out either considering how few episodes there are. It seems like the short lived the series the more it's liable to be released.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I was making a sarcastic reference to the fact that the Gidget movies have just been released on dvd, and even though the first one is 2.35:1, it's been pan & scanned to 1.33:1, so therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if they did to the tv show what they did to Kung Fu, which was crop off the top and bottom to have a fake 'widescreen' look.

Claude North

Second Unit
Actually, isn't the first Gidget movie in its original aspect ratio? I seem to recall this being discussed in another thread, with the OAR being confirmed.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I've held off transfering my off-air episodes for now as I think this one may make it out. Just a hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks