What's new

Getting in shape for summer 2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Who's with me?? I tried 4 separate gyms before settling on Bally's, which isn't full of beautiful models despite the commercials.

I weighed 135lbs about a month ago (I'm 5'7"). I'm up to 140lbs and for the first time in my life I can bench my own weight. I'm slowly getting more toned and the daily energy and self-confidence is coming back but now I'd just like to get ripped. :D I think it would be great to weigh 150-160lbs, but without taking any supplements. My friends take them but I don't know.. I guess I'd just like to see how far I can go naturally.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is interested in getting in shape. Many of the gyms can cut you a deal as February and March are their slowest months.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I am with you for sure. When I graduated High School ten years ago, I weighed 144lbs, and am 5'10". Jan.1st I weighed in at a stupdid 194lbs. I used to be a runner, so I made it my goal to run in the 10 mile crim here in Flint this year.

Last month I started running on the treadmill and am up to two miles everyother day. I only have room for dumbells, and have some 10 and 15lbs sets, but will be upgrading soon. I have cut out all pop and drink only water and a little juice now. I don't have the will nor do I want to go quite to the extent of John Stone on here, although I do applaud him for what he has done.

We go up north to the lake a few weeks in the summer and water ski. This year when I take my shirt off, I just don't want to have a gut, and would like to see some definition. I took a before photo last month and we will see how it is going in a few months. I am not as concerned about what I weigh as how I look. Good Luck to you and maybe we can keep this going and all support each other.

Brandon

SarahG

Second Unit
I'm going to try. I've been saying I will for a while and now I've just got to get into it. I expect it will be a little hard to get back into, but once I do, I'll be happy.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
thats for sure. maybe creatine lots of protein and heavy weights will get you there. There is a lot of hype if you will about whats natural and whats not. I personally go by what is safe and what works. if it it is both these things then why not. Some suppelements can help you break plateaus and gain strenth so you can pucsh yourself harder and shorten recovery times. The one thing I have realized is a lot of people are filled with misconceptions about working out. Myself included. Half of it is experimenting and seeing what your body resonds too and what doesn't work. It takes a long time. I went from 230lbs to 190lbs in 7 months. Now I'm 210lbs :b I started with some creatine this yr and found it helped put 10 lbs on while in my off season. Then again do what you tink is right for you.

By the way the second you get muscular people think you take steriods anyway lol. Which is never a consideration but is still annoying when your trying to be healthy and safe and pour so much work into bettering yourself. I have probably gotten asked 5 times in the last year if I'm on steriods :angry: It is a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks