What's new

Getting an abrupt poping noise from my surround sound. (1 Viewer)

Kris_DD

Auditioning
Sometimes its a loud shreiking static sound that just pops up randomly. Now, I did connect other speaker wires too it.. and the sound was still working on all speakers anyway so I didnt think it'd be a problem until the poping started so I connected the wires that originally came in with the home theater system and the poping still persisted and now theres no sound at all. Something fried maybe..?

Jeff*K

Agent
Same problem happened to my friends surround sound ...haven't heard about what happened yet but from what I saw it seems like it fried. You better get it checked out.

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Its sounded just like what happen to my surround sound system. My was due to a wore out woofer driver that pops when there are some real bass other then vocal. My solution is switching from 5.1 to Stereo with brand new speakers as I'm getting tire of my 9 year old surrounds.

MikeGee

Second Unit
my friend has the same problem coming out of his brand new Athena R1's on an older techniques amp. I suggested changing up the speaker wire for possibly a cheap solution..
He only noticed it for CD audio so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks