Getting an abrupt poping noise from my surround sound.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kris_DD, May 14, 2005.

1. Kris_DD

Kris_DD Auditioning

Sometimes its a loud shreiking static sound that just pops up randomly. Now, I did connect other speaker wires too it.. and the sound was still working on all speakers anyway so I didnt think it'd be a problem until the poping started so I connected the wires that originally came in with the home theater system and the poping still persisted and now theres no sound at all. Something fried maybe..?

2. Jeff*K

Jeff*K Agent

Same problem happened to my friends surround sound ...haven't heard about what happened yet but from what I saw it seems like it fried. You better get it checked out.

3. Tim_

Tim_ Stunt Coordinator

Its sounded just like what happen to my surround sound system. My was due to a wore out woofer driver that pops when there are some real bass other then vocal. My solution is switching from 5.1 to Stereo with brand new speakers as I'm getting tire of my 9 year old surrounds.

4. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

my friend has the same problem coming out of his brand new Athena R1's on an older techniques amp. I suggested changing up the speaker wire for possibly a cheap solution..
    He only noticed it for CD audio so far.