What's new

getting a CS sub but ... (1 Viewer)

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
I hope third time is a charm & I can finally get the sub (I was close to ordering couple times but Murphy's Law struck ). Anyways, I think I'll stick with my prior decision of 20-39CS w/the Samson amp so that if I need a 2nd one, due to fairly decent family room size, I can add on.

Just still wondering (worrying?) if my situation of receiver w/high XO, 100hz, will localize the sub? I hope not. Can someone please calm my fears/worries ?

Takosan

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Does your receiver allow you to set your mains to Large (just asking, not recommending)? If not, then assuming you can indeed localize a 100 Hz sound (you probably won't be able to), what are your alternatives?

--Steve

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
With source material(not test tones)100hz crossover should be fine. If you optimize the location of the subwoofer...the 100hz XO should work better(flatter overall response) than the 40-60hz XOs some swear by anyway.

TV

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,
That response makes me feel better :) I've been probably reading too much into the high XO thingy (worrying too much).
Takosan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks