getting a CS sub but ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Takosan, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Takosan

Takosan Stunt Coordinator

I hope third time is a charm & I can finally get the sub (I was close to ordering couple times but Murphy's Law struck ). Anyways, I think I'll stick with my prior decision of 20-39CS w/the Samson amp so that if I need a 2nd one, due to fairly decent family room size, I can add on.

Just still wondering (worrying?) if my situation of receiver w/high XO, 100hz, will localize the sub? I hope not. Can someone please calm my fears/worries ?

Takosan

2. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Does your receiver allow you to set your mains to Large (just asking, not recommending)? If not, then assuming you can indeed localize a 100 Hz sound (you probably won't be able to), what are your alternatives?

--Steve

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

With source material(not test tones)100hz crossover should be fine. If you optimize the location of the subwoofer...the 100hz XO should work better(flatter overall response) than the 40-60hz XOs some swear by anyway.

TV

4. Takosan

Takosan Stunt Coordinator

Tom,
    That response makes me feel better [​IMG] I've been probably reading too much into the high XO thingy (worrying too much).
    Takosan