What's new

Get paid to watch DVD movies! (1 Viewer)

I am the supervisor at a DVD testing facility, located in Burbank, CA and right now I am currently interviewing people for QC (quality control) positions to watch DVD movies and check their compatibility in a wide matrix of players. Our clients include major studios and specialty clients.

I am looking for full-time QC operators. Knowledge of DVD’s is a plus (how they navigate, anamorphic vs. non-anamorphic, etc.). Also, you must have an eye for detail.

You'd be working "on site" at our Burbank, CA facility.

If this sound interesting to you, please give me a call at (818) 845-3223, between 10am and 5 pm and/or fax me your resume at (818) 845-3236.

Look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. Thank you, Parker for allowing me to post this among fellow DVD enthusiasts.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just spoke with Adam to verify, and just to be clear, it IS something you must live locally to do. It's a full-time job done on their site.
Darnit. :)

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. The job entails working "on site" at our facility in Burbank, CA. I'm sorry for the confusion.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
what other qualifications should one have besides knowledge of a dvd player? Burbank from Woodland Hills sounds great.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Gee Wiz! I can't wait to sign up for this one. My resumes on the way right this second.
Reg;)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
do you have to watch movies like "Timmy the tooth" and "sorority house massacre 3"?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Not only that, but you probably have to watch them OVER and OVER on several different players. If you wanted a job that totally killed your love for HT, this would probably be it! :D :D

Kaima

Grip
I'm a QA Lead for a big sports game company and I have to play the same games for 3 months. We do the same games every year so I don't even play sports game anymore at home. My job totally killed my console gaming enjoyment.

I would love to have this DVD QA job but if I have to watch the same movie over and over on 30 different players I wouldn't want to watch movies again outside of work.

Kai

John CW

Supporting Actor
Yep, I've done the same job and it's true. Don't expect to be rushing home to watch any DVD's when you've finished... you'll be sick of them! PLUS Remember: You WILL (and I cannot stress this enough) be watching BAD films that you HATE quite reguarly. People always seem to imagine a job like this with their favourites. Most films aren't that good! :)
If you can handle that though then you should be set. On the upside: It's likely to be a relaxed atmosphere in the office and the job isn't a brain buster...
Pros and cons.
~ John

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Top 3 things that suck about being Canadian:
3. Can't be a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
2. Can't be a contestant on Survivor
1. Can't apply for a great job like this one, as it is doubtful that viewing DVDs would be considered valid grounds for a US visa.
:frowning:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the job isn't as amazing as it first sounds. I remember once in highschool when our computer-class "vlounteered" ( I must have missed the day it was voted on) to CQ some game software. At the time "playing videogames" seemed fun, but it was sooooooooo boring..

Example: Stop game, 1hr, 42min, 36 seconds. "Report" Exit portal #37 fails to open with character 5. restart game. Stop game , 36min, 12 second. "Report" Vitality Bar flucuation.restart game.... and so on, and so on, and so on.

Granted: watching and reporting defects on DVD's sounds better than my current job (assuming I had a nice recliner), But I highly doubt the job pays enough to live even meagerly in Burbank, let alone relocate.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Is Home Theater Forum turning into a classified section now? C'mon.
C'mon yourself, Jonathan. Sheesh. Parker gave special permission for Adam to post this, and it is HT related. If you don't like what is being said, use your browser's "back" button.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks